Senior Technical Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help make the extraordinary. You will also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
EA Motive is looking for a Senior Technical Animator specializing in runtime animation systems, processes and workflows. The main responsibilities of the candidate will be collaborating with the animation and gameplay teams, along with other technical animators, to build and maintain animation pipelines, workflows and runtime systems.
- Work closely with the animation and gameplay teams to understand their process and needs.
- Implement and support animation pipelines and content integrations.
- Troubleshoot tools and workflows related technical issues with the animation team.
- Guide and tutor animation staff on project best practices.
- Act as a subject matter liaison within the wider EA development community.
- Familiarity with animation principles and the nature of animating for games.
- Experience integrating animation content into a game engine.
- Understanding of the motion capture process and the data it produces.
- Experience with runtime animation systems, concepts and constraints.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging runtime animation systems.
- Proficient in the use of Maya for animation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
- Holds their work to high standards and desires to meet and exceed expectations.
- Strong teamwork skills while also retaining the ability to take ownership and work independently.
- Passion for making games look and play great.
- Experience creating or maintaining animation workflows and tools within DCC applications is an asset.
- Experience writing scripts/tools in Python is an asset.
- Experience creating animation rigs for games is an asset.
- MotionBuilder experience is an asset.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.