Game Designer (Systems)
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is looking for a Game Designer, System focused on progression and crafting systems that can engage and empower players. You will report to the Lead Systems Designer, joining our team working on the early stages of a new AAA project
- With direction from design leadership, create progression and crafting systems with a focus on longer-term loops and player motivations.
- Work with Gameplay Designers to ensure our systems and core gameplays support and feed each other.
- Write design documents.
- Communicate elements of the game's design to the team.
- Prototype features to answer important design questions.
- Create and maintain features and content using our in-house tools.
- Review the game against the design goals and identify issues and opportunities to improve the player experience.
- Give and take feedback from across the team.
- Collect and use qualitative data (playtest, usability, and customer feedback) and quantitative data (telemetry and analytics) to inform your designs.
- 2+ years of experience developing video games.
- Experience working on progression systems and game economies.
- Experience working hands-on with a game engine to implement your designs.
- Knowledge of recent titles and trends in action games and RPGs and the ability to apply insights from them.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.