Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
“Motive” is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we’re not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help in making the extraordinary. You’ll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is looking for its next Cinematic Animator to join our team of passionate creators. You will report to the Lead Animator and would work on narrative content such as scripted events, NISs and in game cinematics. We are looking for a versatile craft expert that wants to help push the animations, performances and visual narrative of our game to the next level while supporting the team around them.
- As a Cinematic Animator, you will be actively involved in developing content in collaboration with artists from other disciplines like level art, technical animation, writing ,audio and narrative designers, while working closely with the Lead Animator to set and refine the animation quality standards for the team.
- You will be working with motion capture data and facial data to create in-game scripted sequences.
- While striving for visual and technical benchmarks, you will have a solid comprehension of production deadlines and will manage your efforts to achieve within them.
- You will work closely with the realization director, lead animator and the narrative designers to facilitate implementation of the animation content and test the result in the game.
- Collaborating and discussing artistic and technical challenges with colleagues will be expected as it offers cross discipline clarity and alignment.
- Seeking feedback and direction on your work while also providing feedback to others.
- You are an active contributor to the craft, promoting a collaborative learning culture within the team.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a cinematic or scripted event Animator for in-game content.
- You have high proficiency in motion capture editing and in mocap animation polish.
- You have worked on at least one AAA game where you were intimately involved in creating narrative content such as cinematics or scripted events.
- Communication and mentoring skills are strongly appreciated.
- Having a good eye for camera language and framing is appreciated.
- You have broad understanding of technical workflows.
- You show great collaboration and have experience in reaching out to the broader team for content alignment.
- You put passion into everything you do and aim to improve our workflows and tools.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.