"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
We are looking for a Lead Writer to join our team and contribute to the creation of rich and memorable interactive stories here at Motive. The Lead Writer will work with the Creative Director and in high-level ideation for the game's narrative and world, then coach and guide the writing team in the delivery of that vision.
What you'll do at Motive:
- Be an essential driver for the main storyline, world lore, and quest storylines
- Conceptualize and provide rich narrative content that strengthens the overall game experience
- Manage the writing team to ensure high team engagement and consistent delivery on objectives
- Review the work of the writing team, providing feedback for revisions
- Work with developers across every discipline to help create a cohesive experience
- Support marketing with copy that aligns with the tone and style of the game
Who You Are:
- Fluent in English
- 8+ years of professional writing experience, including published works or shipped games
- Shipped at least 1 AAA game as a lead or senior writer
- Experience in all stages of AAA game development
- Team management experience
- Expert at crafting non-sequential stories that tie to progression and overall player experience
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.