(Closed) Contract Attorney
Morrison Rothman is hiring a contract attorney to start part-time and hopefully evolve into a full-time staff member. This person will be an integral member of a firm, with a personal focus on contracts, video game work, and professional competitive esports matters.
- General contract review.
- Structure, negotiate, draft, and manage various agreements for our game developer and publishing clients.
- Structure, negotiate, and manage deals for esports professionals in games such as Overwatch, Fortnite, League of Legends, and Apex.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of long form agreements, including production services, licensing, and talent agreements.
- Advise business partners with respect to legal rights and contractual responsibilities, intellectual property matters, claims and other matters arising out of the day-to-day activities of our clients.
- Review promotional, marketing and merchandising materials to ensure compliance with talent and other contractual restrictions, FTC disclosure requirements, and clearance procedures.
- Follow “best practices” and contribute toward improving deal parameters, deal memo templates, long form agreements, and departmental resources, processes and procedures.
Basic Qualifications :
- 2+ years of law firm and/or in-house experience.
- Exceptional negotiating skills, strong drafting abilities, first class communication skills (written and verbal), and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong ability to work independently while contributing positively as a collaborative member of a team, with a commitment to integrity, learning and excellence.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment with a keen attention to detail.
- Admission to California State Bar
- Located in Los Angeles, CA
- Experience or deep understanding of video games and esports.
- Prior experience handling new areas of entertainment law.