(Closed) Manager, Digital Communications
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Manager, Digital Communications is responsible for supporting the Washington Wizards Communications efforts with a focus on Japanese-specific media outlets. The position will generate text and video content for the Washington Wizards in Japanese in order to assist in the maintenance of WashingtonWizards.com (Japanese) editorial, and support the partnership, marketing, and community initiatives on web and social media.
- Support the Wizards Communications team and serve as Japanese media liaison.
- Produce written coverage of the Washington Wizards with a focus on Rui Hachimura, his activities as a player and impact on and off the court.
- Monitor web and media outlets for Wizards mentions and coverage.
- Develop and Produce Wizards Today daily/weekly emails with team information, news, media and social clips.
- Create and maintain Wizards Communications social media accounts.
- Improve coverage of players, marketing initiatives, community programs, off-court activities on social media, video, and written on team website.
- Support the Digital Media Department in day-to-day web, video, social, and written coverage.
- Maintain and update team website articles and video content.
- Manage social media coverage for events and games.
- Assist with audio content gathering and quote transcriptions.
- Assist in podcasting efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Must be fluent in Japanese (spoken and written).
- Professional sports industry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience using Sony cameras strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of basketball and the National Basketball Association.
- Experience and/or good working knowledge of eSports.
- Experience working with website Content Management Systems.
- Deep understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Premiere.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays as well as travel with team as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- How did you hear about this job?
- Do you currently work for Monumental Sports & Entertainment? Yes/No