WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WB Games is looking for a Contract User Researcher with an intense passion for gaming and science to work on games for all platforms including consoles, PC, and mobile. As a Contract User Researcher you will conduct research groups through in-person test sessions where data is collected on our games, as well as run usability sessions and 1-on-1 testing. During each session you will observe participant behavior and communicate that information back to the group. You will also be responsible for writing up findings. Experience running research sessions is critical.
- Prepare and execute playtest studies.
- Work with Senior User Researchers to conduct user testing.
- Determine appropriate research methodologies and craft associated surveys as required
- Recruit the necessary amount and participant profile for each study
- Submit nightly notes/observations for each test
- Write playtest reports and debrief with development teams
- Administer each playtest and usability session in a non-biased manner
- Develop and evolve the playtest recruitment database
- Provide findings-based recommendations as requested
- Bachelor’s degree required (branches of experimental psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, or related field).
- 3 years of experience in a related role, ideally in games user research
- Knowledge of research design, qualitative, and quantitative methodologies.
- Special Knowledge or Skills that would be valuable:
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups with authority
- Experience moderating large groups effectively without supervision
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Familiar with game design theory and development process for video games.
- Genuinely enjoy gaming in all forms.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.