User Research Assistant
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
User Research Assistant
WB Games is looking for a User Research Assistant to work on games for all platforms including consoles, PC, and mobile. As a User Research Assistant you will moderate groups (10 -15) through test sessions where data is collected on our games. During each session you will observe participant behavior and communicate that information back to the group. You will receive training for many of the necessary skills; however knowledge of research practices with people is critical.
- Prepare and execute playtest studies.
- Work with User Researchers to determine what products will need testing
- Recruit the necessary amount and participant profile for each study
- Submit nightly notes/observations for each test
- Administer each playtest in a non-biased manner
- Maintain the inventory of gratuities (Games/T-shirts) forecasting when new stock is needed
- Develop and evolve the playtest recruitment database
- Special projects on occasion (Data Entry, Recruiting events)
- Pursuit of relevant college degree (branches of experimental psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, or related field).
- Must have completed Psych 209
- Prior work with human subjects
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups with authority
- Experience moderating large groups effectively without supervision
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of research design, qualitative, and quantitative methodologies.
- Research experience with children combined with early childhood development emphasis
- Familiar with game design theory and development process for video games.
- Genuinely enjoy gaming in all forms!
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.