WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
For the past 20 years Monolith Productions has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next project is going to be our best yet. That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that, we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Help us create our next AAA title.
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Software Engineer to join the Tools team behind the award-winning Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and its sequel Middle-earth: Shadow of War, in creating content authoring technologies for exciting, cutting-edge action games.
As a member of our Tools team, you will work closely with the Senior Technical Artists, content development leads and the rest of your peers on the Core Technology Team to develop state-of-the-art content authoring technology. Your domain as a senior level Tools Engineer will span as much of the content authoring pipeline as your skills and interests dictate. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining pivotal new technologies for our talented in-house team of content developers.
In addition, as part of our studio's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both tools specific and general engineering systems. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project.
This job will require collaboration with our Tools Lead on issues of technical design. The position is a cooperative one, with regular communication related to requirements gathering, iteration during feature betas and subsequent long-term support.
The Senior Engineer, Tools will also work closely with his manager and production to help identify all dependencies and develop and maintain realistic schedules.
- Design, author, maintain and refactor code that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
- Collaborate with the Tools Lead, other Core Tech engineers, Senior Technical Artists and other content development experts to identify elements of the content development pipeline in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new tools technologies
- Coordinate with content development experts during controlled tools BETAs, then work with QA and to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team(s)
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of new tools and features
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies
- Participate in code reviews to increase the quality of code throughout the studio and share knowledge.
- 5+ years professional C++ programming
- Experience developing Digital Content Creation Tool plugins (Maya, 3ds Max)
- Understanding of the workings of 3D content authoring tools (level editors, modeling tools, etc)
- Supported development of a multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship
The Nice to Haves
- A deep understanding of the game development process and workflows of various disciplines
- Highly motivated to develop robust, easy to use, maintainable, cutting-edge tools and technology
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
- Strong desire to build industry-leading tools technology
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected]