WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
For the past 20 years Monolith Productions has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next project is going to be our best yet. That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that, we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Help us create our next AAA title.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Monolith Productions, the award-winning AAA studio who brought you F.E.A.R. and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, seeks a Graphics Simulation Software Engineer. Monolith Productions' Core Technology Team is expanding its Graphics group to include a Senior level engineer specifically focused on graphics simulations. This person should have an in depth understanding of physics simulations such as cloth, fluids, and soft and rigid body physics. They should also have a solid background in modern, real-time rendering systems and experience working in the latest graphics API's. As a Senior Graphics Engineer on our Graphics team you will work closely with the Principal Graphics Engineer and the rest of your peers on the Graphics and Runtime teams to develop state-of-the-art rendering technology for the PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PC and any new platforms we adopt.
In addition, as part of our studio's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both Graphics specific and general engineering systems. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project.
This job will require collaboration with our Graphics department's Principal Engineer on issues of technical design and close collaboration with members of our Runtime team on platform level work. You will also work closely with our senior technical artists, lighting artists and other content development experts on requirements gathering and iteration on any feature development you tackle.
- Design, author, maintain and document robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
- Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of your systems by identifying, communicating, and resolving defects
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of your systems
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers in identifying opportunities for improvements to our renderer and helping establish overall technical design and architecture of systems in your domain
- Collaborate with Lead Engineer, Technical Art and Game Engineers to identify systems in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new graphics technologies
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies; Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
- Review the work of other engineers and mentor them to improve their knowledge and skills
- 5+ years professional C/C++ programming.
- Experience working with current graphics algorithms and hardware.
- Designed, implemented, optimized and maintained major rendering systems for a published game
- Designed, implemented, optimized and maintained various simulations running on CPU and/or GPU
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading and low-level optimizations
- Experience with one or more graphics/compute APIs (DirectX, Vulkan, GCM, etc.)
- Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship (preferred)
The Nice to Haves
- Experience developing for PC and modern-day console systems
- Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship
- Experience developing first or third person action games
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and ship the highest quality AAA games
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law