Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Software Engineer to join the engineering team behind the award-winning Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and its sequel Middle-earth: Shadow of War, in creating game systems for exciting, cutting-edge action games.
To succeed and thrive in this role a strong candidate would have a passion for gameplay systems such as: AI, combat, animation, narrative, player controls, missions, or progression. At the senior level candidates are expected to be experienced in one or more of these systems in addition to being a resource to their peers.
As a member of our studio's Game Engineering team, you will work closely with engineers, designers, and artists to develop gameplay for our next AAA title. Your domain will span as much of the codebase as your skills and interests dictate, as you design and implement extensions to existing systems and pivotal new systems to address the needs of our talented, in-house team of content developers.
- Design, author, and maintain robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of systems by identifying, communicating, and resolving defects
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of systems
- Collaborate with Technical Leadership and other Engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture
- Work closely with production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies; coordinate with QA and Leads to ensure successful roll-out of new features to the Team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
- Review the work of other Engineers and mentor them to improve their knowledge and skills
- 5+ years professional C/C++ programming
- Experience developing complex gameplay systems for AAA games
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading, and low-level optimizations
- Supported development of a multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship
- Ability to openly discuss and review white papers. technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
The Nice to Haves
- Experience developing for PC and modern-day console systems
- Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship
- Experience developing first or third person action games
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and ship the highest quality AAA game
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.