Senior Software Engineer, Audio
Join the Wonder Woman team and help bring an iconic DC Super Hero to life!
Monolith Productions – the studio behind the award-winning Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor series – is seeking a Senior Audio Software Engineer.
As a Senior Audio Software Engineer, you will own the audio stack within Monolith’s proprietary Firebird Engine. This includes our Audiokinetic Wwise integration, audio packing/baking, audio feature support and internal interfaces exposed to gameplay engineers. Targeting the Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC, you will work with the audio designers to identify opportunities to grow our audio capabilities to achieve a dynamic, rich soundscape.
In addition, as part of our highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of engineering systems across the entire codebase. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project. This job will require close collaboration with the Engine lead on issues of technical design and your primary stakeholders, the Audio Department, during implementation and roll-out of new features.
You will also work with Production, the Audio Director and Engineering leadership to help develop realistic schedules and mitigate risk.
- Design, author, and maintain robust audio systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Collaborate with Audio, Design and Engineering to brainstorm, prototype, implement and grow audio related systems and workflows.
- Author tests and diagnostic utilities to ensure the ongoing integrity of audio systems.
- Participate in code reviews to increase the quality of code throughout the studio and share knowledge.
- Work closely with the production staff to build and maintain realistic schedules and identify dependencies.
- 5+ years professional C++ programming.
- Supported development of a multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship.
- Experience with memory management/budgeting, multi-threading and optimization.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills
- Strong skills communicating complex topics with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
The Nice to Haves
- Experience with C++11 or later.
- One or more shipped cross platform games.
- Strong understanding of digital audio principles, game audio development workflows, sound design, and audio technologies overall in general.
- Experience building audio systems with Audiokinetic Wwise.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands