Principal Software Engineer, Pipeline
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Principal Software Engineer to lead the Pipeline team behind the award-winning Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and its sequel Middle-earth: Shadow of War, in creating content authoring technologies for exciting, cutting-edge action games.
As the studio's Pipeline Lead you will be leading Pipeline Engineers, and working closely with the Senior Technical Artists, content development leads and the rest of your peers on the Core Technology Team to develop state-of-the-art content authoring technology. As a Principal level Pipeline engineer, your domain will span as much of the content authoring pipeline as your skills and interests dictate. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining pivotal new technologies for our talented in-house team of content developers.
In addition, as part of our studio's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both Pipeline specific and general engineering systems. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project.
The Principal Software Engineer, Pipeline Lead will also work closely with his manager and production to help identify all dependencies and develop and maintain realistic schedules.
- Directly manage and mentor Pipeline Engineers
- Design, author, maintain and refactor code that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
- Collaborate with Pipeline Engineers, other Core Tech Engineers, Senior Technical Artists and other content development experts to identify elements of the content development pipeline in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new tools technologies
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of new tools and features
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies
- 10+ years professional C/C++ programming
- Experience leading and managing Engineers developing content authoring tools and technologies for 3D games
- Expert level understanding of the workings of 3D content authoring tools (level editors, modeling tools, etc)
- Experience working with content creators and collecting requirements
- Supported development of a multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship
The Nice to Haves
- Understanding of HCI / UX (user interface / user experience) concepts
- A deep understanding of the game development process and workflows of various disciplines
- Highly motivated to develop robust, easy to use, maintainable, cutting-edge tools and technology
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading tools technology
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.