Site Reliability Engineer
Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Mojang Studios, you will be part of our Franchise Services organization. This organization creates foundations for the games in the franchise and it consists of game services, accounts, payment, infrastructure teams, etc. The infrastructure team works closely with other teams in the organization to provide world-class hosting platforms with 24/7 support for tens of millions of players.
As a driving technical force within the organization, you will be involved in the infrastructure vision and roadmap and align them with franchise priorities. You will be responsible for the operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost-effectiveness of the cloud infrastructure. As SRE you'll report to the Engineering Manager.
Part of your responsibilities will be:
- Oversee the daily operations of the production environment
- Design, implement and evolve the hosting platforms
- Troubleshoot live issues with service teams
- Improve developer efficiency by evolving the CI/CD pipelines, tools, etc.
- Be part of the team that takes operational responsibility for our services and infrastructure, and voluntarily take part in the on-call rotation
- Strong proficiency with Linux/Unix based systems
- Have production experience with AWS or Azure
- Have production experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Have experience with Infrastructure as code
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiar with microservices architecture
We also value
- Have great problem-solving skills with a pragmatic and can-do attitude
- Have an open mindset and have a willingness to try out and learn new things
- Have great communication skills both written and verbal
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!