UI/UX Designer (US or Europe)
About the Role
Mogul is hiring a Junior-to-Mid level UX/UI Designer.
As part of the CX team, you’ll be part of our efforts to pioneer a best-in-class esports gaming experience for our growing global audience of amateur competitive gamers.
You will play an instrumental role in the discovery, strategy and UX/UI design efforts for the next iteration of Mogul’s web and mobile esports tournament hosting platforms.
This is a hybrid role. We are looking for someone with a strong focus on UX design practices and deliverables that can also take on UI design tasks as needed.
As a UX/UI Designer, you’ll
- Work with UX, UI and development teams
- Collaborate with a small, quick-moving team
- Support user research and strategy initiatives for short and long term projects
- Create user journeys, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, clickable prototypes
- Create testing plans, interview users and compile key findings
- Present your work and receive feedback from a team
- Support on UI design efforts as needed, including supporting the development of a design system
- Have a voice in a growing company, championing human-centered design methodologies and practices
- Create documentation and specs for engineers and designers
- 1-3 years of experience in a UX/UI role
- Strong understanding of Human Centered Design practices
- Degree or equivalent experience in HCI, UX design, or other user centered design programs.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and work autonomously.
- Portfolio URL with projects showcasing projects with process, deliverables and clear description of your involvement and contributions
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions to a team and communicate to developers
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, design accuracy, and emphasis on visual consistency.
- Passion to develop high-quality and intuitive User Interfaces
- Knowledge of design and prototyping tools, e.g., Sketch, InVision, Figma, Adobe XD, etc.
- Familiarity with design patterns and best practices across Native Mobile, Responsive Web
- Prior experience with usability testing and user interviews.
- Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies (journey mapping, personas, information architecture etc.) and how to apply them.
- Experience working in product development teams.
- Passion for customer service and service design.
- Knowledge of accessibility, internationalization, and responsive design best practices.
- Background in gaming and esports (desire to learn!)
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals