Software Engineer | Esports / Online / Ecommerce
Location: Anywhere. Ability to work full time remotely.
Role: Full time
If you’re a passionate and experienced Software Engineer with a strong passion for video games, then we want to hear from you! This is a rare opportunity to join a company who are a global leader in online free-to-play and paid multiplayer video game tournaments.
Mogul.gg is the world’s most advanced pure play online esports tournament and matchmaking platform, with tournaments for all major esports titles. The top-class technology stack enables esports fans to compete and organise tournaments with ease. Esports enthusiasts can also follow streamers and elite esports results from around the globe.
The platform deeply integrates with game title APIs and rich features to provide gamers with the best user experience possible, including: automated gameplay experience, multiple tournament modes, friendly esports communities, holistic player view, achievements, ranks and rewards, match reminder notifications, easy tournament administrative access and automated player prize pool distribution.
Mogul is an ASX listed (ASX: ESH) esports media and software business, focusing on Australia, Asia, USA and Europe. Esports is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. According to Newzoo, there are now more than 2.5B gamers across the world. Combined, it’s estimated they will spend US $152B in 2019 on video games.
By joining the Mogul team you will help us move the needle in delivering the experiences we build for our users. We need core technical strength in development and engineering with high output at a high quality so we can focus on delivering scalable high-quality work that will have a direct impact for our users and partners. Your biggest impact will come from your technical and engineering output; this role will see you working on code and collaborating on various technical objectives for most of the working day.
Drawing on your previous experience of working on user-facing products, you’ll be responsible for help building new platforms as well as optimising and enhancing our existing esports gaming platform. New features implemented by you will be delivered to users in fast sprints and deployment cycles.
As Mogul is a small company, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced start-up and be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, be curious, and keep pushing to help shape our technical direction and deliver quickly to meet the needs of Mogul’s users.
Just as important as your technical experience is, we also need you to have an eye for detail, be a creative problem solver, and a clear communicator who is comfortable to offer your ideas.
Qualifications & Requirements
Who are you?
- You have a minimum of 4+ years production experience as an engineer in a similar role / related field.
- Lots of experience with vue.js framework.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of working with REST API and sending JSON objects.
- The ability to work independently and transform wireframes or high-fidelity designs into working cross-browser interfaces.
- You possess the ability and experience in owning the delivery of features or requirements.
- You have built software for paying customers.
- You think laterally about problems and ideate and deliver on creative solutions.
- You possess strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualise processes and outcomes.
- You can manage multiple projects, work autonomously in a fast paced, ever evolving, rapidly-moving environment.
- Brilliant communication skills even with remote teams in a modern digital context (e.g. Google docs, Discord, Slack, Asana).
- Proactive self-starter, with the motivation, commitment, enthusiasm and drive who gets things done.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, layman's terms.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work toward several milestones on various projects simultaneously.
Ideal (but not mandatory):
- Experience in the games industry is preferred (but not mandatory) with actionable marketing and games industry relationships.
- Speak another language other than English.
- You’re a gamer and understand the subculture intimately, be that on console, mobile, or part of the PC Master Race.
Salary range US$72,000 to $US100,000
Want to work at Mogul?
If you’re keen on learning more about this role, please email us a detailed Cover Letter and your CV.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $72,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- software development / production: 4 years (Required)