Senior Data Analyst | Esports / Online / Ecommerce
Location: Anywhere. Ability to work full time remotely.
Role: Full time
If you’re a passionate and experienced Senior Data Analyst with a strong passion for video games, then we want to hear from you! This is a rare opportunity to join a company who are a global leader in online free-to-play and paid multiplayer video game tournaments.
Mogul.gg is the world’s most advanced pure play online esports tournament and matchmaking platform, with tournaments for all major esports titles. The top-class technology stack enables esports fans to compete and organise tournaments with ease. Esports enthusiasts can also follow streamers and elite esports results from around the globe.
The platform deeply integrates with game title APIs and rich features to provide gamers with the best user experience possible, including: automated gameplay experience, multiple tournament modes, friendly esports communities, holistic player view, achievements, ranks and rewards, match reminder notifications, easy tournament administrative access and automated player prize pool distribution.
Mogul is an ASX listed (ASX: ESH) esports media and software business, focusing on Australia, Asia, USA and Europe. Esports is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. According to Newzoo, there are now more than 2.5B gamers across the world. Combined, it’s estimated they will spend US $152B in 2019 on video games.
They say ‘data is king!’ Mogul are after an experienced Senior Data Analyst / Data Scientist who can help us understand everything and anything there is to know about Mogul’s users, their online journey, retention and acquisition, Mogul’s online platform, as well as gamers in general.
Working closely with an experienced team of developers, engineers, and product developers, the data and insights you provide will help shape the product and experience we implement for users and gamers around the world.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring Mogul has the right tools, analytics, tracking and coding in place in order to gather fast data and recommend actionable insights to optimise the online experience for our users across multiple platforms and digital channels.
Being a small company, we’re looking for someone that’s not afraid to get their hands dirty and jump on the tools. You’ll not only be an experienced analyst, but (hopefully) also a serious gamer. When you’re not performing your data voodo, you’re at home playing online games against other amateur or professionals Gamers.
- Managing and designing the end-to end reporting environment at Mogul, including data sources, tools, databases, processes, security, and metadata.
- Develop reports and analysis on user’s and online experience.
- Managing all data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Provide quality assurance of all imported / exported data.
- Develop and oversee data handling guidelines and standards.
- Supporting the dev and product teams with actionable insights.
- Implementing and assessing A/B tests and implementing new or upgraded experiences/features, assisting with strategic decisions on new product / software developments.
- Generating reports from multiple systems and resources.
- Developing new reports and dashboards, and training users how to access and use them.
Qualifications & Requirements
Who are you?
- You have a minimum of 3+ years experience as a data analyst in a similar role / related field.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science (or similar field that compliments this role).
- Advanced experience and very proficient with data and insights tools, including but not limited to Google Analytics, BigQuery, DataStudio, FullStory, Sentry, and Stackify.
- You will have no playbook, so you’ll need to be experienced in an array of tools, doing things from scratch, and doing things autonomously.
- You can manage multiple projects, work autonomously in a fast paced, ever evolving, rapidly-moving environment.
- Brilliant communication skills even with remote teams in a modern digital context (e.g. Google docs, Discord, Slack, Asana).
- Proactive self-starter, with the motivation, commitment, enthusiasm and drive who gets things done.
- Ability to translate business requirements and complex data and insights into non-technical, layman's terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale datasets and databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work toward several milestones on various projects simultaneously.
Ideal (but not mandatory):
- Experience in the games industry is preferred (but not mandatory)
- Speak another language other than English.
- You’re a gamer and understand the subculture intimately, be that on console, mobile, or part of the PC Master Race.
US$65,000 to $US95,000 pending applicant and experience.
Want to work at Mogul?
If you’re keen on learning more about this role, please email us a detailed Cover Letter and your CV.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- data analys: 3 years (Preferred)