Head of Technology
Mogul is the world’s most advanced pure-play online esports tournament and matchmaking platform with automation for over 65+ major esports titles, including in-platform chat and streaming functionality. Mogul’s platform attracts esports teams, tournament organizers, influencers, community groups, game publishers, and players of any skill level with a centralized esports offering built on an industry-leading tournament and matchmaking platform. Esports Mogul Limited (ASX: ESH) (Mogul or the Company) is an ASX listed esports media and software business.
Mogul is looking for a Head of Technology who will continue to drive and evolve Mogul’s platform and focus on the player and client experience in everything Mogul does.
This role is tasked with managing all the technical aspects of the organization to ensure that they're in line with the company's growth targets. It also encompasses the management of technical resources and technological development. This leader will help build the esports gaming experience for the company by iterating upon our state-of-the-art, highly responsive, scalable platform.
Success in this role includes maximizing concurrent site usage, server uptime, reduction of technical debt, increasing quality/quantity of features, and the leveling up, retaining, and acquiring of next-level engineering talent. This person will also make sure Mogul’s technical stack and live operation tools are maintained at current best-in-class levels.
Mogul is looking for an inquisitive individual that is willing to challenge the status quo and bring refreshing outside-the-box thinking. This person is a strong leader that supports and mentors their team to make the impossible possible.
Role & Responsibilities
Working under the Chief Executive Officer, you will be tasked as an owner of the following;
- Implement any processes that lead to more efficient development and deployment of features and functionality on web, mobile, and console.
- Create technology strategies to reflect current thinking that embraces accepted “best practices” in developing/deploying features and functionality.
- Assist in recruiting, onboarding, training, and retention of top engineering talent.
- Manage and develop the engineering team through creation and oversight of high-level KPIs, quarterly objectives/reviews, mentorship, and skill improvement.
- Build and maintain reports on the company's technology status and progress toward stated goals
- Operate within the approved departmental budget
- Ensure scaling and uptime needs are continually assessed and addressed
- Assess status quo of the technical stack as well as the level of technical debt and formulate a plan to minimize the potential of any negative impact on a going-forward basis
- Proven experience managing, directing, and leading a fast-paced, forward-thinking engineering team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to manage large budgets effectively
- Knowledge of the latest technological advances that could benefit the company
- Knowledge of all functions and roles within the IT department
- Knowledge of best information security practices
- Excellent leadership skills
- Extensive experience with C#/.Net, Vue.js, AWS, and native mobile application development