(Closed) Community Manager - Gaming Programs
Do you have a creative mind as well as a deep understanding of online communities and social media? ModSquad is seeking an experienced Community Manager with experience and passion for moderation?
As a ModSquad Community Manager, you will work closely with our clients as well as a global ModSquad team. You will be imperative in building teams and structures to keep communities safe through moderation.
Monday - Friday: 6 am - 2 pm Pacific Time
To be discussed in the interview phase
20 hours per week
90 days (as needed)
The day-to-day tasks of a ModSquad Community Manager vary, but basic responsibilities may include:
- Develop keyword lists unique to regional and political context in order to apply smart filters to incoming content.
- Create and report KPI’s to the development team, and build reports that showcase reason, trends, and opportunity.
- Learn and explore new tools and platforms that improve workflow and client objectives.
- Work closely, efficiently, and effectively with the client and internal teams (communication is daily).
- Develop practices and improvements, or build upon and help improve current methods of operation (from content moderation and community management
- Handle community crises or troubleshoot escalations.
A successful candidate needs to have confidence and strength in the following abilities:
- Be a proactive, self-starter and independent contributor with follow-through on all initiatives
- Have strong problem-solving, creative writing, and editorial skills
- Showcase strong communication skills (and feel comfortable with communicating the good and the bad)
- Engage confidently with internal and external partners on video and voice calls.
- Enjoy engaging and developing a broad range of people, communities, clients, and trends
- Be able to execute on community initiatives, measure results, and modify programs based on feedback
- Retain and demonstrate excellent organization and time-management skills and schedule to hit deliverable deadlines
- Must have active experience (professional experience preferred) with forums, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram (other platforms like SnapChat, TikTok, Twitch.tv, Youtube, etc a bonus)
- Be knowledgeable and passionate about moderation
- Be comfortable dealing with sensitive content
- Deep understanding of socio-political content in market.
Desired skills and pluses:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of 4 years in Social or Community management experience.
- The position requires excellent verbal and written skills, someone who is excited about social media and content moderation, and has the ability to communicate, collaborate, and support effectively
- Professional experience moderating sensitive content