Summer Intern 2021 - AdTech/Data Engineering
Summer Intern 2021 – Data Engineer
Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in top lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 400 million downloads across our portfolio of mobile games!
We have been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Jigsaw Puzzle and Spider Solitaire, to name a few.
Want to know more about MobilityWare? Our mission is: “Bringing Joy to Others, One Game at a Time.” Along with that mission comes a deep belief that the strongest companies should always push themselves to grow.
As a member of our Data Engineering team, you will be focusing on acquiring, understanding, transforming, modeling, and managing data from various sources to support reporting, visualization, advanced analytics and data science solutions that facilitate better business processes and decisions. You will be working in a collaborative, high-paced environment alongside other individuals with a variety of IT and Non-IT backgrounds such as Database Analysts, ETL engineers, Data Architects, Business Representatives, Devops, and Data Scientists. This will be a 2-3 month long internship and start in summer 2021.
- Be involved in both technical and non-technical tasks
- Work with a team of developers, ranging from writing simple SQL queries to data visualization
- Enhance and troubleshoot existing datasets, dashboards and reports
- Provide data exploration support to data scientists
- Assist in data clean-up and standardization
- Communicate timelines, own tasks, and participate in Scrums
- You will be a Junior or Senior level student in Fall 2020 (and currently working towards earning a BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field)
- You love to program, solve problems, and build stuff
- Have experience programming in Python
- Expert level SQL experience
- Currently enrolled in a college/university Master's program with a focus in Data Analysis or Science
- Data Warehousing and Data Modeling Concepts
- SQL Reporting & Integration Services (SSRS & SSIS)
- Previous Data Engineering Internships
- Non-academic coding experience (i.e. hackathons, code challenges, personal projects, GitHub, Open Source, etc.)
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love to take you on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), OPEN PTO, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway