Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence
Jump Ramp Games, a Division of MobilityWare
Interested in working for one of New York City’s fastest growing mobile-first companies? You have come to the right spot! Jump Ramp is the leader in delivering innovative promotions, rewards and instant winning experiences through free mobile casual gaming.
Our flagship app Lucktastic launched on Android in 2014 and has quickly built an engaged, enthusiastic and loyal customer base attracting nearly 10 million installs in the US on Android and iOS. Lucktastic is consistently ranked in the top 3 within the lifestyle category on the Google Play Store
Jump Ramp prides itself on being a close-knit team with nearly 40 employees and looking to grow! We look for talent that thrives in an innovative entrepreneurial environment, is excited about consumer products that touch millions of Americans and who embrace our exciting diverse NYC culture.
Reporting to the former CEO and current General Manager of the Jump Ramp Games division, this role will lead the Business Intelligence team and work closely with Product, Game Design, and Engineering leadership to deliver business impact, changing the studio’s view of the player and business in line with new findings and insights.
As a hands-on analytics leader, you will have the opportunity to lead a team that uses our unique and expansive data to model and predict user behavior, making our games more personalized and more fun to play! We strive for a better understanding of our players which translates into increased engagement within our games. Personally, you are empowered to be innovative, be creative, and use every bit of that key commodity – data.
The successful candidate will apply their extensive experience in analytics, analysis and modeling to solve difficult problems in a consumer facing product. They will also be able to demonstrate their leadership capabilities in communicating insights and opportunities to their peers and the larger organization – both technical and non-technical.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, experimentation and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand the core drivers to scale the business
- Work with large amounts of data to find opportunities to improve the player experience and drive incremental revenue opportunities
- Deliver analytics and data science projects that are aligned with the roadmap, product goals, as well as, KPI and financial targets
- Drive and empower the organization to make quantitatively informed, evidence-based decisions through maintaining source of truth data sources and dashboards
- Work closely with the data engineering team to ensure the data infrastructure meets the needs of the organization
- Communicate insights and opportunities to the executive leadership, and represent BI with a seat on the senior leadership committee
- Write queries and code to extract relevant data to identify trend drivers and summarize actionable recommendations and their forecasted outcomes/implications
- Collaborate with Product and Marketing teams to instrument new features, design A/B tests and define success criteria
- Collaborate with the User Acquisition team to accurately measure/attribute spend, generate LTV models and partner invoicing.
- Collaborate with the Revenue team to accurately measure partner performance, generate partner invoices and insights that help optimize campaigns.
- 5+ years experience doing quantitative analysis within a large-scale company or fast-paced environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field; Masters, MBA or PhD preferred
- Expert level experience in SQL
- Required experience with any BI reporting tool building dashboards
- Development experience in any language (Python preferred)
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. R, SAS) or other methods
Why you should work for us
- Killer Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trips, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace – yes,t-shirts and jeans are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we'd love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Open/Flexible PTO, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Great office in the heart of the Garment District in New York City