Game Designer II
We are Mobile Premier League (MPL), one of India’s largest esports and mobile gaming platforms. We have grown and scaled multifold over the last few years.
We hit 5 billion games played on MPL within a year of starting up and our current user base is over 80+ million. Some of our marquee investors include Sequoia Capital, Times Internet, and GoVentures. We currently have over 80 games on our platform. Multiple mainstream as well as Indie game developers are our partners. Creating and re-inventing has been a key practice here and at this point we require folks who can help us keep pace with the dynamic ecosystem we are all a part of.
About the role
You will be collaborating with a team of fellow Game Designers, Game Artists & Unity/Unreal developers directly, to make and implement design decisions into a game and facilitate the integration for the same. Working in tandem with our creative, development, and project management teams you act as a link between MPL and the external development teams, championing the Game Design and implementation of new game features in the games we make at Mobile Premier League.
Here’s what you will do -
- Work cross-functionally with UX, art, engineering, and product management on the design and implementation of new games and features.
- Write detailed focused design specifications that effectively communicate across disciplines
- Implement and build fun, engaging game systems, events, and other game content
- Tune and balance the core game as well as the game economy
What are we looking for -
- Experience building in-game content designed to appeal to a specific audience
- Deep understanding of game mechanics, architecting player behavior, and what makes games fun and engaging
- Solid knowledge of free to play games in general
- Ability to analyze existing games and determine how they appeal to the player base
- Experience writing clear and concise specs, user flows, and feature documentation
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills