Senior Data Analyst
In 2020, Mistplay was ranked as the 4th fastest growing technology company in Canada, and 16th in all of North America*. We are the #1 Loyalty Program for mobile gamers - with over 16 million users worldwide. Players use our platform to discover games, connect with friends, and earn awesome rewards.
Our teams leverage a wealth of in-game data and machine learning to recommend the right games to the right users - creating a completely tailored gaming experience. Using modern tools and technologies, our data scientists and analysts have access to a wealth of data from which to create models and derive insights. From battling fraud to predicting churn, we have plenty of challenges waiting for you to tackle. Growth is in our DNA. We’re keen to improve on our skills through peer mentorship programs, constantly seeking feedback, and company sponsored training courses.
Mistplay is looking for data-driven individuals who are passionate about what they do and love solving complex problems every day. As part of our team, you will have the chance to make a significant impact on the product and bring in your experience to help shape our growth. We want your voice to matter.
Join us as we continue to level up!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Partner with our awesome AI, Product and Marketing teams to answer high-priority strategic questions. Here's a few examples: Given all our crazy ideas, what should we build next? Which features will have the highest impact and help us accomplish our goals more quickly?
- Deep dive on core product funnel usability and growth. Identify where we are able to improve our platform.
- Utilize Data to identify where we should spend our partnership and marketing efforts? What are the most promising opportunities for growing our brand?
- Define our user segments and identify areas where we can impact the business. Who are our most engaged users, and how can we acquire and retain more of them?
- Define KPIs for the company and build automated dashboards, reports, and models to enable teams at Mistplay to make better decisions
- Work with Product & Engineering to implement, validate, and monitor our logging and metrics
- Find actionable strategic insights through funnels, cohort analyses, user segmentation, regression models and more
- Run multivariate product experiments to help us drive growth, improve existing features, and identify new areas of opportunity
What We're Looking For:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative fields
- 3+ years of work experience doing quantitative analysis (preferably in the tech industry) and a proven track record of impacting a business or product decisions
- Pro-level ability to synthesize and communicate complex concepts and analyses in simple, easy-to-understand ways
- A solid grasp of common statistical methods and applications (A/B testing, probability, regression) along with a healthy dose of skepticism
- Fluency in SQL. Extensive experience pulling highly dimensional and complex data, as well as modelling scenarios and sensitivity analysis using Excel
- Familiarity with Tableau or any VI tool
- Positive attitude and a healthy dose of natural curiosity. Questions have to be answered and our data isn't just going to analyze itself. (We're working on that.)
Bonus if you have:
- A love of gaming and familiarity with the games industry
- Understanding of machine learning, data science and/or at least one statistics package (i.e. SciPy, Matlab, Stata, SAS).
- Development experience using programming languages such as R, Python or Scala
- Experience working with very large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Familiarity with technologies such as AWS Athena, AWS Data Pipeline, TensorFlow and/or Google BigQuery to build and optimize production data pipelines
We work hard to make our work atmosphere as inviting and fun as possible! Working at Mistplay is coupled with a whole array of perks that we've adopted virtually and in-person: Team Lunches, game nights, company-wide events, and so much more.
Our culture is deeply rooted in growth and upheld by a team of smart, dynamic, and enthusiastic people. We utilize data to constantly learn, improve, and adapt. We foster an environment where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas, push boundaries, take calculated risks, and witness their visions come to life.
Think you have what it takes? We'd love to meet you!