Full Stack Web Developer
In 2020, Mistplay was ranked as the 4th fastest growing technology company in Canada, and 16th in all of North America*. We are the #1 Loyalty Program for mobile gamers - with over 16 million users worldwide. Players use our platform to discover games, connect with friends, and earn awesome rewards.
Using a modern tech stack (including Node.js, Python, Kotlin, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes), our engineering team solves challenging problems in a distributed, cloud-hosted environment, all at scale. We pride ourselves in constantly learning and adapting while delivering features that bring tangible business value. Growth is in our DNA. We’re keen to improve on our skills through peer mentorship programs, constantly seeking feedback, and company sponsored training courses.
Mistplay is looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do, hungry to learn, and excited to solve the next challenge in a scalable, maintainable and performant manner. As part of our team, you will have the chance to make a significant impact on the product and bring in your experience to help shape our growth. We want your voice to matter.
Join us as we continue to level up!
*According to the Deloitte Fast 50 and Deloitte Fast 500, respectively.
What you'll be doing:
- Write and test code that is performant, scalable, maintainable and meets functional requirements
- Collaborate with software developers, designers and product managers to build and drive innovation in our products
- Participate in code reviews and brown bags to help nurture a culture of growth and learning within the organization
- Develop dashboards and tools using the latest in web development technologies to increase the efficiency of our teams and improve the experience of our customers
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience working in a similar or related role
- Strong knowledge of web development technologies like React, Vue.JS, Angular etc.
- Previous work experience with AWS is an asset
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a group setting
What We Offer:
- Generous stock option package
- We match 100% of your contribution to your retirement plan up to $4000 annually
- Monthly public transportation stipend
- Annual gym membership stipend
- Dialogue membership - unlimited free video calls and texts with nurses and doctors anytime - they’ll even help you book IRL appointments
- 4 weeks of vacation and 5 sick/personal days
- Weekly happy hour
- Frequent team outings and off-sites
- Private healthcare - includes massages
We work hard to make our work atmosphere as inviting and fun as possible! Working at Mistplay is coupled with a whole array of perks that we've adopted virtually and in-person: Team Lunches, game nights, company-wide events, and so much more.
Our culture is deeply rooted in growth and upheld by a team of smart, dynamic, and enthusiastic people. We utilize data to constantly learn, improve, and adapt. We foster an environment where everyone is encouraged to share their ideas, push boundaries, take calculated risks, and witness their visions come to life.
Think you have what it takes? We'd love to meet you!