Director of Engineering
Mistplay is the first Loyalty Program for mobile gamers. Players use our platform to play games, connect with friends, and earn awesome rewards; such as Amazon gift cards and prepaid Visas.
We leverage a wealth of in-game data and Machine Learning to recommend the best games to our users and encourage mobile game studios to better engage with players around the world.
With a growth of over 10 million users in under 3 years, Mistplay is one of the fastest growing companies in North America. Come be a part of our journey!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Mistplay experience for the Android platform.
- Work on fun projects such as social networking features for mobile gamers (Chat rooms, photo sharing, etc.).
- Focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively.
- Identify issues by analyzing data, processes, and code to solve frontend issues and recognize areas for improvement.
- Perform consistent and substantial testing to create highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products.
- Implement solutions to complex problems in the frontend infrastructure.
- Write secure code and maintain the functionality of the infrastructure.
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years as Lead or Director on a consumer facing app or website with over 1M users
- 7+ years of experience with AWS EC2, Beanstalk, DynamoDB, Elasticache or Redis
- 7+ years of experience in mobile app development on Android- experience with iOS an added plus!
- 7+ years of experience designing distributed systems
- Expert in networking and fault-tolerant architectural design
- Experience being part of the recruitment process for engineering teams
- Ability to design processes for software development, quality control and release management
- Experience managing a team of 6+ engineers
- Bonus: 2+ years of experience with Kotlin
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock option package
- We match 20% of your contribution to your retirement plan
- Monthly public transportation stipend
- Annual gym membership
- Dialogue membership - unlimited free video calls and texts with nurses and doctors anytime - they’ll even help you book IRL appointments
- Weekly happy hour
- Frequent team outings and off-sites
- Private healthcare - includes massages
We work hard to make our office atmosphere as inviting and fun as possible! Working at Mistplay is coupled with a whole array of perks: company Macbooks, automatic standing desk, unlimited free-trade organic coffee, frequent team outings, Friday happy hours, 4K monitors and so much more!
Our culture is deeply rooted in growth and upheld by a team of smart, dynamic, and enthusiastic people. We utilize data to constantly learn, improve, and adapt. We strive to push boundaries, take calculated risks, and win.
Think you have what it takes? We'd love to meet you!