Front End Developer
Misfits' merchandising team is looking for a skilled front-end developer to complement our talented design team. Working alongside our passionate team of creatives, you'll be responsible for the development of unique creator merchandise experiences, constantly raising the bar of expectations for merchandising stores across our industry.
An understanding of the design lifecycle & a drive to take initiative in the design of visual language will be vital to success in the role.
Reporting directly to the creative director, the ideal candidate should exude confidence in working autonomously during the development phase of projects, setting and meeting their own deadlines.
- Developing & maintaining Shopify storefronts for our large network of clients
- Working collaboratively with our design team to refine & prepare concepts for clients
- Exploring innovative ideas & developing unique experiences for larger projects
- Supporting the design phase from inception to production
- Participate in the management & coordination of simultaneous development projects
We're looking for someone who...
- Has at least 2 years experience working in front end development
- Understands design fundamentals & has a keen eye for detail
- Experience with modern frameworks such as Angular, Vue & React are a bonus
- Has significant experience in adapting to & building both Shopify stores and templates
- Is competent in SEO best practices & optimising for performance
- Possesses confidence in working autonomously as an independent developer
- Is willing to embrace & adapt to feedback from designers
- Holds a desire to propose & tackle technically challenging projects
- Proficiency in back-end development is a significant bonus
- Is motivated to explore the unknown & take risks in web design
- Is open to the possibility of leading a development team
Where possible, please provide references to past work & portfolios.