ABOUT MISFITS GAMING GROUP
Misfits Gaming Group (MGG) is a premier esports platform coupled with a Millennial and Gen Z focused media and content engine. We compete in some of the most successful video game titles worldwide and are permanent partners in three franchised esports leagues: Riot Games' League of Legends European Championship (Misfits Gaming), Activision-Blizzard's Overwatch League (Florida Mayhem), and Activision-Blizzard's Call of Duty League (Florida Mutineers).
MGG utilizes world-class management and a deep understanding of the esports and video gaming ecosystem to establish fruitful partnerships with international brands and organizations and commit to growth through the players and the community.
We’re looking for a marketing leader to shape and activate the Misfits Gaming Group brand across all of our platforms of activation - teams, platforms, creators, events, and more. This role is responsible for the strategic direction and the activation of our daily, weekly, monthly, and annual marketing efforts to grow the MGG brand and deliver on our brand strategy and promise. The right person for this role has a vision for what success in the gaming and entertainment industry looks like for a company that wants to make a positive impact on the world around it through storytelling, competition, and action. The ideal candidate will have a passion for marketing - someone who can blend art and science, use analytics and audience insights to develop creative strategy, and inspire and manage a team of bright, talented, young creators to coalesce around a strategy and achieve our goals.
- Sets Vision and Drives Transformation: Helps synthesize the overarching creative brand strategy and leads the organization’s vision for daily brand engagement and content in response to growth priorities inclusive of fan acquisition, retention, and reengagement.
- Builds Brand and Go-To-Market Strategy: Leads the charge on go-to-market plans and activations for MGG and our teams, including seasonal and ongoing marketing programs, extending our reach in the gaming ecosystem, and driving measurable results against growth for our brand in a variety of different ways.
- Team Leadership & Management: Manages 2-3 marketing managers and their 10-12 direct reports and facilitates their development into active contributors to our brand and our content and business strategies.
- Internal Alignment: Collaborates with key internal stakeholders, including our creative directors and strategists, and gains consensus on the vision, strategy, and execution of company-wide marketing initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience, ideally with a focus on the Gen Z audience demographic
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Creative problem-solving capability
- Positivity, flexibility, creativity, and ingenuity
- A desire to mentor a team of motivated people who have energy and creativity but need active direction and management
- Interest in the gaming and entertainment industry, but not necessarily experience working in it
This is a full-time position located in Boca Raton, FL.