Miniclip is looking for a Tech Artist to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
A Technical Artist is someone who feels at home in both art and tech disciplines. They will work under the direction of the Art Director and are responsible for creating and implementing in-game assets and animations. In close cooperation with the Developers and Art team they will work on improving the existing pipelines and developing new tools to assist and expedite in asset and animation creation.
- Create and implement in-game animations as an integral part of the asset delivery pipelines.
- Organize and optimize asset integration and management.
- Level up the end-to-end workflow for our many art disciplines, such as User Interface Animations, Environment Art, and VFX.
- Build close relationships with the artists and developers you work with, in order to find creative and effective solutions to optimize the implementation of art in our games.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years experience as a technical artist in mobile games or related industries.
- 5+ years of art design using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects or similar.
- Expertise in game development using modern engines, such as Unity.
- Expertise in UI/UX creation and asset optimisation.
- Expertise creating particles.
- Expertise in UI/UX design and front-end development.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge on tools pipeline (writing and maintaining).
- Knowledge on assets pipeline: content creation; content optimisations; content build.
- Knowledge on graphics pipeline: shader and effects creation, particles.
To apply please send your CV, Portfolio and a cover letter in English.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.