Software Developer (C++)
Miniclip is looking for a Software Developer to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
This is an exciting opportunity for a mid level software developer to integrate into an agile, highly effective and skilled team. You will be developing cutting edge mobile games played daily by millions of users.
Your work will include:
- Developing games for different mobile platforms and extending existing ones with new functionalities
- Developing and maintaining the in-house tools that are used to support game development
- Delivering high quality software with your main focus on the product
- Contributing to a highly performant Scrum team to create great software within an Agile environment in timely manner
- Continuously learning and challenging your own skillset
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a social, humble, hard-working and autonomous person, thus we need you to be self-motivated, dedicated, result-oriented and accountable for areas of your responsibilities. You must be a team player who constantly seeks self-development opportunities, takes pride of his work and engages with the team to improve together.
The ideal candidate must present the following:
- Passion for creating software
- More than 2 years of professional software development experience
- Solid knowledge of modern C++ and/or Objective-C
- Good understanding of software design and development for mobile
- Curiosity towards continuously learning new skills, trying out new approaches, and strive to enhance the quality of products and code
- Openness for Agile product development process serving short release cycles
- Thirst for self-development
- Great communication in English
The following skills are desirable but not essential (if you have them, don’t forget to mention them):
- Professional experience in mobile
- Experience in developing multiplayer games
Don't forget to share with us all of your relevant trainings and certifications.
To apply please submit your CV in English with a cover letter explaining why you want to be part of our team.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. As of April 2020, Miniclip has more than 60 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), and Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) to the Miniclip Group.