(Closed) Senior Software Developer - Unity
Miniclip is looking for an experienced Unity Developer to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior level software developer to integrate into an agile, highly effective and skilled team. You will be developing cutting edge mobile games played by tens of millions of users!
Your work will include:
- Developing games for different mobile platforms
- Assuming technical ownership of game features or entire games
- Developing in-house tools to facilitate the game's development, support its live operation and its maintenance
- Mentoring junior roles on good Unity development practices
- Integrating in an agile scrum team and ensuring the timely completion of user stories
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in a team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work.
The ideal candidate must present the following:
- 4+ years of professional Unity development (at least 2 of them in game development)
- Experience in mobile (iOS and/or Android) development
- Ability to write optimised code or adapt existing code to match each platform's necessities
- Ability to work in a codebase maintained by multiple people
- Very good written and spoken English
The following skills are desirable but not essential (if you have them, don’t forget to mention):
- Experience in developing multiplayer games
- Experience in Agile development methodologies (Scrum)
To apply please submit your CV with your cover letter explaining why you want to be part of our team.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. As of April 2020, Miniclip has more than 60 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), and Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) to the Miniclip Group.