Reporting to the QA Manager, this role offers an exciting opportunity to work with one of the best games companies in the world, with over 250 million game players each month, Miniclip reaches users across mobile, online and social platforms.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- As part of the QA Team, the main responsibility is to ensure the good quality of all 1st party games published by Miniclip.
- Test all new game releases/updates and schedule timely quality assurance and testing.
- Act as a liaison between development teams, producers and all internal teams involved in the release of a product.
- Help in developing, maintaining and improving the roadmap of tests for all releases and updates.
- Adapt the existing test documentation to new games and devices while helping to define new testing procedures.
- Monitoring game statistics, customer feedback channels, and competing products to constantly question assumptions and make adjustments to our games.
- Be part of Miniclip’s quality assurance team, define new test approaches and come up with new ideas to improve testing processes and procedures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a sociable, hard-working person who enjoys working in a team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about their work. The ideal candidate will be strongly skilled in the following:
- Self-motivated, with excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex game development project issues.
- Confident in exploring new approaches and in communicating with different teams and departments.
- Experience in working with teams across different functions and geographical locations.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Close attention to detail.
- Technical insight on a wide range of physical devices from different manufacturers (Apple, Samsung, etc.) and operating systems (iOS, Android, etc.).
- 1 – 3 years of experience in the QA and testing fields of game and/or entertainment products and services.
- BA or BSc degree or equivalent.
You will be working in our Derby Office in the Peak District with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
In addition to 22 days holiday (increasing to 27 days based on length of service), we also have a fantastic benefits package, with private health cover, cash plan, cover for life insurance, critical illness, with income protection, and a pension plan with company matching contributions (up to set levels).
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online Platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential. In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group.