Publishing QA Tester - Games Tester
PUBLISHING QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTER - GAMES TESTER
Miniclip is looking for an experienced QA Tester (Games Tester) to hire in our
Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
This is a full-time, permanent position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Portugal.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
As part of the Publishing QA Team, the main responsibility is to ensure the good quality of all 2nd and 3rd party games published by Miniclip.
- Test all new game releases/updates and schedule timely quality assurance and testing.
- Help in developing, maintaining, and improving the roadmap of tests for all releases and updates.
- Monitor game statistics, customer feedback, and competing products to constantly question assumptions and make adjustments to our games.
- Act as a liaison between external development teams, producers, outsourced testing services and all internal teams involved in the release of a product.
- Be part of Miniclip’s quality assurance team, define new test approaches and come up with new ideas to improve testing processes and procedures.
Skills & Experience
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in a team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work. The ideal candidate will be strongly skilled in the following:
- 1 – 5 years of experience in the QA and testing fields of game and/or entertainment products and services.
- Self-motivated, with excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to clearly identify and articulate complex game development project issues.
- Confident in exploring new approaches and in communicating with different teams and departments.
- Experience in working with teams across different functions and geographical locations.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Close attention to detail.
- Technical insight on a wide range of physical devices from different manufacturers (Apple, Samsung, etc.) and operating systems (iOS, Android, etc.).
- Familiar with JIRA, Adjust, Postman, Kanban and Trello tools.
- ISTQB certification is a plus.
To apply please send your CV in English, with a covering letter explaining why you want to apply.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events.
We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that is why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), and most recently Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals) to the Miniclip Group.