Lead 2D Artist
Miniclip is looking for a Lead 2D Artist to hire in our Genoa (Italy) Games Development Studio.
We are looking for a passionate and talented 2D Lead with experience in Interface Design, Graphic Design, 2D art/Illustration and in the mobile game industry.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
This is a full-time position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Europe and Italy.
- Lead a team of 2D Artists within the studio, helping to allocate effort to different projects as required, and helping to mentor, guide and grow the team to create user experiences through interface design that can be mapped directly to the business and user requirements of the project
- Support & guide the team in their core work of creating different layouts using official art from our products and translate it to appealing game menus, icons and interface elements
- Perform line management responsibilities and technical guidance such as regular one on ones, coaching, objective setting and career development
- Show the team the best way of performance and helping them improve their skills
- Write, review and give actionable feedback on user flows and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Collaborate effectively with the Product Managers in the studio to make the whole team’s contribution to the company as strong as possible.
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship
- Demonstrate knowledge of shape, colour and composition with a good general art foundation
- Create artwork from scratch following a specific art style and understand how that translates into a good user experience adapted to different products
- Organize files and assets in a logical and useful manner according to the production pipeline
- Ensure the company's quality standards are reflected in the created art
- Act as an example by following the company principles, practices and advocate constant personal growth
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of art design using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects or similar
- Experience in the mobile games industry
- Ability to manage small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience and ability to work with multinational teams, with a variety of cultural backgrounds
- A solid understanding of user-centered design principles, excellent visual design skills, and awesome technical skills
- Be driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing business needs
- Possessing a deep understanding of UX processes, methodologies, and the interplay between business requirements, user research, branding, visual design and technology
- Be a generalist, with experience in graphic design, traditional 2D skills, as well as motion graphics
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
- Great collaborator, with brilliant written and oral communication skills
- Very pro-active and able to identify and solve problems across multiple platforms and pipelines
- Strong attention to detail and to the performance of each team member
- Passion for entertainment and mobile games is a big plus
- Experience with Unity is a bonus
- Fluent in English
To apply please submit your CV, Portfolio and cover letter in English.
You will be working in our Games Development Studio in Genoa. Founded in 2004, the studio has developed over 400 games to date, and is filled with enthusiasts and professionals who are considered leaders in the games industry. We pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun. We encourage employees to challenge colleagues at console games and Miniclip games, or to shoot some pool.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads.
In the past year, we have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Headball2) to the Miniclip family of companies.