Head of ASO
Miniclip is looking for a Head of ASO to join our Marketing team. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Performance Marketing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
This is a varied and exciting role, working with a leading mobile games and entertainment company. You will work closely with the marketing and product team, having the following responsibilities:
- Manage all ASO projects across Miniclip’s games portfolio, analysing and improving KPIs relating to store page conversion rates and organic install growth
- Establish comprehensive ASO guidelines and agree on significant ASO-related actions with the product teams in order to maximise discoverability of each game’s app store presence
- Define clear steps to evaluate the performance of app store icons and store page creatives in order to identify best-performing assets
- Work closely with the art and product teams to produce new icons and general store creatives, ensuring that each title is following coherent visual narratives according to best practices and ASO analytics
- Be the in-house expert for keyword research and keyword optimisation across multiple game titles
- Look after the copywriting process of the app store pages in alignment with brand guidelines, USPs and keyword density
- Ensure that store creatives, game titles and and pages are properly localised
- Apply best practices to game titles and subtitles, constantly finding opportunities to improve the search rankings for each game within different search categories
- Improve ways to measure incremental install uplifts from ASO projects, working closely with data analysts to provide all the information needed for further optimisation
- Establish processes, tools and dashboards that improve ASO operations, including looking after external service providers
The following skills are essential for the role:
- Extensive experience and expert knowledge on ASO within the mobile gaming industry
- Be confident with data analytics and have the ability to establish key findings based on large data sets
- Successful achievements in previous roles working on ASO projects for mobile games
- Expert knowledge of all techniques to improve conversion rates on app store fronts
- Good creative eye to propose new App Store image testing
- Deep understanding of various ASO strategies for different gaming genres
- Great knowledge about ASO tools and dashboards as well as experience working on Paid Search Ads
- Experience working on multiple A/B tests and communicating key results to stakeholders is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic art tool skills such as Photoshop and art design experience
- Fundamentals of copywriting (in English) and localisation processes are required
- Strong understanding of mobile game products and key features of free-to-play games is preferred
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This is an incredible opportunity for an enthusiastic, ambitious and proactive individual to become a leader in Mobile Marketing and ASO. You’ll be able to test new ideas to drive growth for the business and have an active, impactful role in Miniclip’s marketing team. We go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will have ample opportunity to network with other department leaders and other professionals in the gaming industry.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Studio in Lisbon or London with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area, fridge with complimentary drinks, snacks and fruit for all staff.
We also have a fantastic benefits package which includes comprehensive medical cover, gym membership, sport activities, as mental health activities, local discount packs, language lessons and time-off for voluntary work.
About the company :
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The Company develops, publishes, and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. As of April 2020, Miniclip has more than 60 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip has been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) to the Miniclip Group.