Director of Advertising Monetisation
Miniclip is looking for a Director of Advertising Monetisation to join our Advertising team in our London (UK) Office or Lisbon (PT) Office. This is a full-time position, please apply only if you have the right to work in the UK/PT.
As the Director of Advertising Monetisation you will be leading a high-performing team responsible for all aspects of advertising monetisation across the Miniclip Group.
This includes maintaining senior-level relationships with ad networks and technology partners, the development of product ad monetisation strategies, the development of internal Miniclip Group advertising technology as well as exploiting the opportunities that data science brings to dealing with billions and billions of monthly ad impressions.
Whereas in some cases this involves direct responsibility over a game’s inventory, such as 8 Ball Pool, Golf Battle or the recently launched Mini Football. In other cases, you will work more collaboratively with dedicated ad monetisation teams in other Miniclip Group studios, such as Ilyon or Masomo. As soon as we’re all able to, you should expect to spend a bit of your time travelling to our studios in Italy, Portugal, Turkey and Israel.
This really is one of the most exciting jobs in the industry, and comes with huge opportunities for growth & development at a business that is backed by one of the largest companies in the world: Tencent.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Providing inspiring support and development to a brilliant team of ads monetisation professionals.
- Pioneer and drive ad monetisation best-practice across the Miniclip Group; identifying and facilitating value-adding opportunities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to plan, execute, and review the ads monetisation strategies for our various titles.
- Leading our proactive responses to the current industry changes, including but not limited to bidding & privacy.
- Providing product guidance and insights to the technology teams who develop and maintain our ad technology.
- Supporting our M&A strategy & execution, and working on due diligence and ongoing support for any business we may acquire.
- Collaborate with our Product, Business Intelligence and Marketing teams to identify how we might be able to work even more closely together.
- Be a thought leader through constantly striving for innovation, efficiency and company-wide participation in big initiatives.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years of experience in mobile in-app advertising monetisation or user-acquisition.
- 5+ years of team management and leadership experience.
- In-depth knowledge and senior level relationships in the mobile advertising ecosystem.
- The ability to deal with the challenges of the here and now, as well help the business in terms of where it needs to be in 3-5 years’ time.
- Strong in-depth knowledge around A/B testing as well as best practices for mobile games.
- A reasonable understanding of the legal parameters under which we operate (GDPR, privacy, etc).
- Exceptional analytical and data-driven thinker combined with a creative mind.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to sell ideas and negotiate. Not everyone loves ad monetisation as much as you do!
- Comprehensive knowledge about the mobile games industry and performance metrics for various different game genres.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This is an incredible opportunity for an enthusiastic, ambitious and proactive individual to become a future leader in our organisation. You’ll be able to drive growth and make a significant impact for the ads monetisation function; an increasingly more central pillar of our operations. You will have ample opportunity to network with other department leaders and other professionals in the gaming industry.
Not surprisingly, most of us are working from home at the moment. However, we strongly believe that we’re just that little bit better when we collaborate in person. As such, as soon as we are able to you will be working in one of our fashionable, open plan offices in Lisbon or London with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, and our office comes with a pool table, 100” screen with games consoles, fridge with complimentary drinks for all staff, fresh fruit delivered weekly, regular team building and social events, and even free optional yoga once a week!
We know that the world has been changing rather quickly recently, and so we’d typically expect people to be in the office at least three days a week. That said, if you want to spend a month per annum working fully remotely, that’s totally fine with us.
We also have a fantastic benefits package, with medical and dental cover, life insurance cover, critical illness cover, an income protection scheme, a generous holiday entitlement and a pension plan with company matching contributions (up to set levels).
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads.
In the past two years, as part of our ambitious growth plans, Miniclip has been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) to the Miniclip Group.