Miniclip is looking for a mid-level commercial lawyer to join the team in our London (UK) Office. This is a full-time position, please apply only if you have the right to work in the UK.
Reporting to the General Counsel, you will be responsible for a broad commercial role in a well-regarded legal team, providing services to the Miniclip Group. You will be an English-law qualified commercial lawyer with 3-5 years’ post-qualification experience.
The work of the legal team is diverse; the team advises all business units on contractual and regulatory issues. Our work covers corporate, commercial, compliance, intellectual property and data protection issues, amongst others. Additionally, the team supports the work of the HR and finance functions. In addition to commercial work, your work may encompass giving support on M&A matters.
- Drafting and negotiating a range of contracts with third parties, including
- Game publishing, development, and acquisition agreements
- Marketing and promotional agreements, including user acquisition contracts, endorsement deals and influencer agreements
- Advertising agreements
- Work for hire contracts and consultancy agreements
- Ad-hoc support to stakeholders across the business on commercial queries and contentious matters
- Advising the group on intellectual property matters, including assisting on game clearances, registering group brands, and enforcing group rights
- Corporate support work, such as due diligence on potential acquisitions
- Contributing to the legal team’s know-how bank by drafting contract templates and guidance notes
- Legal and regulatory risk management
- Reviewing and updating the Terms and Conditions for use of Miniclip games – setting out the rights and restrictions on use of our products, and advising on compatibility with app-store terms
- Reviewing and updating Miniclip employee policies in collaboration with external counsel across multiple jurisdictions
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
This role will be ideal for a mid-level commercial lawyer looking to join a forward thinking, fast-moving and dynamic games company.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The following skills or experience are required:
- 3 to 5 years’ PQE qualified as a solicitor in a top tier private practice law firm or commercially-focussed in-house role
- Licensing experience desirable
- Strong drafting skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Can work on own initiative
- Can juggle conflicting demands and effectively prioritise
- A team-player who is driven, proactive, agile and forward-thinking, with commercial acumen
- An interest in the mobile and gaming industry and keen to learn more about it
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan office in Fetter Lane with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, and our new office comes with a pool table, 100” screen with games consoles, fridge with complimentary drinks for all staff, fresh fruit delivered weekly, regular team building and social events, and even free optional yoga once a week!
In addition to 25 days holiday, we also have a fantastic benefits package, with Vitality medical and Bupa dental cover, cash plan, cover for life insurance, critical illness, and income protection, and a pension plan with company matching contributions (up to set levels).
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’. The Company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of over 250 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution, and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads. Miniclip has more than 50 million daily active players reaching people across the world in the pursuit of ‘unleashing the gamer in everyone’.
In February 2015, Miniclip was excited to receive a large majority investment from Tencent, one of the world’s largest technology companies and the world’s largest games publisher. This new chapter in Miniclip’s history strengthens the Company’s position, with Tencent recognising its achievements to date and future potential.
In the past two years, as part of their ambitious growth plans, Miniclip have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), Masomo (home of Head Ball 2), Ilyon (designers of Bubble Shooter), Eight Pixels Square (Sniper Strike) now operating as Miniclip Derby, Gamebasics (creators of OSM Online Soccer Manager), Green Horse Games (home of Football Rivals), and most recently Supersonic Software Ltd., trading as Appynation Ltd (the team behind the highly successful Puzzle Page and Picture Cross) to the Miniclip Group.