Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer in the Midwinter Entertainment studio, you'll work directly with our game teams to collect and analyze gameplay, game economy, and player engagement metrics for Scavengers to help understand how players interact with our games. You will have a passion for data-driven decision making and a natural curiosity that pushes you to think about different ways to consider the player data. The right person for this role will have a hybrid background in data engineering and a passion for business intelligence (BI) and analytics, allowing them to play a key role in our team!
Areas for Impact
Your work will ensure we deliver exceptional game experiences to our players, and will be leveraged by multiple stakeholders across both game development and the future marketing and release of our game. Other areas of impact may include:
- Exploring and monitoring game metrics, translating this information into actionable insights and competitive intelligence to increase our game’s performance in the marketplace.
- Provide analysis of in-game player behaviour, game economy, and monetization metrics that will support many stakeholders on the team in making decisions.
- Development and ownership of standard reports and dashboards on the collective experience of our players.
- Support by providing ad hoc reports and data visualization as needed to the production or marketing teams.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Experience with data-engineering toolsets, high-volume data architectures and data warehousing platforms (e.g. BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift)
- Experience doing quantitative analysis (analyzing, manipulating, and deriving practical inferences from complex in-game data)
- Able to develop ETL pipelines with SQL and Python or related data pipeline tools (e.g. dbt, Luigi)
- Good working knowledge of data analytics tools and techniques (e.g. Python, SQL, BigQuery, Google Data Studio).
- Experience and understanding of basic statistics and related tools (e.g. R, Jupyter) an asset.
- Strong background or educational background in computer science or a related field is an asset.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.