Xbox Category Manager
At Microsoft our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In Consumer Channel Sales & Marketing (CCSM) our purpose is to create value with our partners, to market and sell innovative consumer solutions powered by Windows, Office, Surface, and Xbox. We’re positioned right at the intersection of customers, hardware partners, and channel partners. Our team works with ecosystem partners and internal business groups to drive digital excellence and e-commerce capability, as well as accelerate cloud and subscription adoption. Together, we win by delivering compelling at-home and on-the-go experiences combining intelligent edge devices and services that create Microsoft fans for life.
Within Xbox, we accomplish Microsoft’s mission in two ways:
- Strengthen the Xbox brand via fan centric marketing experiences: Plan and execute thoughtful and impactful through-line-full-funnel-marketing, focused on driving purchase intent, conversion & post purchase advocacy & consumer lifetime value for Xbox devices, content, accessories, and services.
- Drive consumer engagement and revenue at retail: Use consumer insights, market data, store level analysis, and sales information to evaluate our business performance and develop seasonal, launch, & sustain plans to improve our partners business, win share, sell units, and drive revenue/ GM.
As a member of our team you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation and impacting billions of lives around the world. You also will be a part of a culture centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in CCSM.
Win customers at key marketing & sales beats
- Plan & execute category sales plans that maximize key market level seasonal selling beats (Back to School, Holiday, Spring) + retailer specific selling beats
- Plan & execute world-class product launches aligned to forecast & full funnel marketing support
Increase Xbox Purchase Intent with considerers & attract new audiences
- GTM Planning and orchestrating Channel Sales and Marketing teams to land promotions and global launches
- Accountable for revenue and scorecard metrics across both retail and direct channels.
- Creation and localization of partner pitch materials and delivery of product pitches.
- Production forecasting, inventory planning and management, product allocation strategy and open orders management.
Launch new products to engage customers/ retail partners
- Land right assortment by retail partner, executed to WW guidance & planogram
- Leverage existing product portfolio to create products that gain unit commitment & win share
- Plan variants with top accounts/ markets that drive differentiation, gain unit commitment & win share
- Ensure device forecast accuracy to 90%+ with channel fill
- Create local partnerships to drive PR/retailer engagement with owners & intenders
Win share with compelling retail offers & programs
- Land strong consumer promo plans to stay competitive to drive volume/ premium mix/ win share
- Drive sell thru via programs & offers
Optimize conversion with premium channel execution
- Drive always on in store & online marketing that drives growth, earns fans, & optimizes channel footprint
- Increase attach thru proximity placement
- Be a skillful leader, able to directly deliver and deliver thru influence of others - both internally at Microsoft and externally thru retail partners.
- Be a confident leader, representing your business in front of partners and stakeholders at all levels inside and outside Microsoft.
- A successful track record in managing and transforming a consumer category, while meeting sales and profitability targets.
- Sharp analytical skills and acumen and can use to review and manage budgets, market data, and deal opportunities.
- Experience planning and executing assortment plans, marketing strategies, and activities that drive business results.
- 5+ years experience in consumer electronics industry, gaming industry, retail category management, or like business. Experience with devices sales in consumer channels a plus.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, passionate about building businesses, and thrives within a fast-paced environment.
- A character that exemplifies Microsoft values including integrity, honesty, openness, personal excellence, constructive self-criticism, and mutual respect.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field, or related experience. MBA a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.