At Xbox, we’re building a positive gaming community. We believe that gaming should be inclusive and welcoming for everyone, which means creating experiences and communities that invite everyone to play safely and responsibly.
As part of Xbox Player Services (XPS), the Xbox Trust team supports the growth and happiness of our broader gaming community, including ensuring the safety and security of all our members. We provide thought leadership and execute on growing a truly inclusive community wherever people play games.
Since we launched Xbox Live nearly two decades ago, we’ve been constantly learning and investing in new tools to make Xbox a welcoming and inclusive space to game. The Xbox Trust team leads these efforts, building and leveraging cutting edge technology to help our gamers from all walks of life feel at home in our community. Our team is full of great people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and we can't wait to meet you and see how you bring your unique talents to work with us.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to support key initiatives in our Family space. You’ll be working across our own engineering team, teams across Microsoft, and external teams to build, leverage, integrate, and continually improve the technology that helps parents to manage their family’s Gaming safety, as well as to create more welcoming experiences for our young players. You’ll also be a key member of cross-Microsoft initiatives to collaborate on cutting edge family safety technology, enabling all of Microsoft to ship trusted experiences to our customers. Online safety is a key investment area for Xbox, Microsoft, and the tech industry as a whole and is full of technical, policy, and experience challenges. In this role, you’ll be at the center of creating innovative solutions to solve them!
- Support development of the strategic vision for Xbox Family focused capabilities and turn that into well-defined customer scenarios, deliverables, and engineering roadmap.
- Find, surface, and execute on shared opportunities to grow visibility of our Family focused features across Xbox and MSFT.
- Collaborate and deliver across numerous engineering teams, marketing organizations, and in partnership with our legal team.
- Engage with Xbox and partner product team(s) to extend safety programs to internal and external partners.
- Demonstrate technical problem solving and communication skills; an ability to define common requirements across a wide range of diverse customers; and a passion for simplicity in design that drives scalability
- Demonstrate ability to apply strategic thinking & problem-solving to drive innovation around complex problems and deliver customer value and key business outcomes
- Demonstrate good judgment, professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative style, high integrity, tact, and a positive attitude.
- 3+ years of experience in engineering Program Management or Product Development
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent professional experience
Preferred Candidates will have:
- Experience in end-to-end creation, deployment, integration, and continual tuning of AI/ML tech
- Experience in safety technology, policy, or efforts to build better online communities
- Experience shipping large scale consumer or entertainment focused products
- Passion for consumer products, gaming, or the entertainment business
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away