Senior Program Manager
Minecraft is one of the most popular video games of all time, with more than 200 million copies sold, and we're not slowing down. The Minecraft franchise continues to grow with the recent release of Minecraft Dungeons, and the early access release of Minecraft Earth. The Minecraft Core team is at the center of it all!
We're looking for a highly motivated and experienced Program Manager to be a key driver of the Program Management discipline across Mojang Studios. As Mojang Studios continues to grow, we need to ensure continuously improve the capabilities and processes across the Studios to define, drive, and deliver product visions across the portfolio. Come help make Mojang Studios the home of an industry leading Program Management discipline, enable teams to deliver world-class gaming experiences and have fun doing it!
Some key qualities that we are looking for: you are a highly competent and experienced Program Manager or Game Producer. You’re results-oriented and have a track record of working across multiple engineering teams to deliver quality product experiences, crafting the processes for product development, and executing change management across organizations. You care about the software development life cycle and the experience of teams executing against it. You have the intellect, ambition, and emotional intelligence to develop plans and drive change. You do what it takes to make your team and stakeholders successful.
- Be a key member of the Mojang Studios Program Management Office to identify and roll out Program Management discipline initiatives
- Establish and maintain the community of Program Managers and Producers across Mojang Studios
- Lead the day to day execution of critical programs such as the unification of unification of Mojang Studios on to the same tech stack and product development processes
- Partner across teams to onboard and mentor new Program Managers and Producers
- Create and maintain program management resources that are used across product development teams
- Ensure teams are using sound and accepted practices for taking in work requests, defining scope, costing work, writing product specs/requirements, developing workback plans, executing scrum or scrum-like rituals, identifying dependencies/risks and reporting status
- 5+ years software or gaming program management or producer experience
- 2+ years’ experience executing against agile software development processes or similar
- Experience defining and executing organizational change management
- Proactively identifies and mitigates risks to quality, schedule, and budget
- Experience working with global teams, across multiple cultures and time zones
- Demonstrated excellence in cross-team collaboration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to set a clear path and follow it despite obstacles
- Strong attention to details, analytical problem-solving and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.