Regional Gaming Social Manager
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In Consumer Channel Sales & Marketing (CCSM), our purpose is to create value with our partners, to market and sell innovative consumer solutions powered by Windows, Office, Surface, and Xbox. We’re positioned right at the intersection of customers, hardware partners, and channel partners. Our team works with ecosystem partners and internal business groups to drive digital excellence and e-commerce capability, as well as accelerate cloud and subscription adoption. Together, we win by delivering compelling at-home and on-the-go experiences combining intelligent edge devices and services that create Microsoft fans for life.
As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and impacting billions of lives around the world. You also will be a part of a culture centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in CCSM.
Microsoft’s Gaming Marketing team is revolutionizing gaming and entertainment. With a rich set of existing products and services like Xbox, Minecraft, and Gamepass, our gaming business is one of the most exciting places to work in technology. We are fortunate to work on products that are loved by passionate fans and customers. Our team develops all social media campaigns for these products and prides itself on strategies built around earning fans of the gaming experiences we offer. We're fun. We're social. We're interactive. And we’re looking for a passionate, high energy individual. If this sounds like you, join us as we continue to create world-class social media marketing programs
As the Social Media Marketing Manager, this role will use in-depth knowledge of combining data, insights, creative and social media platforms to drive social marketing campaigns that engage and delight our target audiences. This role’s experience with paid media approaches will extend the organization’s understanding of the most effective ways to deliver social content to existing and potential customers. And in turn, this role’s innovative approaches and unending enthusiasm for the opportunities will evolve how we provide transformative customer experiences through social media marketing.
Through the lens of customer obsession, this role will be pivotal in developing strategies that are tailored for each channel. This role will be leveraging data to build the insights used to connect closer to our audiences, and to build content programs designed for social media channels. The ideal candidate is inspired by trends in social media landscape, and able to merge that expertise with business objectives and customer insights, delivering truly impactful social programs. This individual will need to be aware of the competitive landscape, the conversations and sentiment in the social media realm, and use that information to deliver more relevant and engaging social experiences. Experience managing outside creative agencies and internal teams to drive best in class social media innovation is preferred.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Own social media engagement and community management.
- Planning and approval of organic activities on Twitch, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snap, TikTok and other local and endemic channels like Discord
- Gaming community and local pop-culture influencer development and management.
- Budget Planning and management for Social Media Amplification
- Planning activities in the area of influencer marketing (campaigns and individual collaborations) (i.e. FIFA influencers, product seeding kits, GP Challenge)
- Live-steaming and Editorial - Development and creation of long-form programming (i.e. Xbox On – Four 3-hour episodes a week, daily live streams. Xbox XY in Poland - 6 episodes per month, etc. )
- Coordinate localization and verification of the supplied assets and materials for global campaigns
- Partner closely with Global Social Media Lead to understand strategies and create go-to-market plans to land best-in-class social media marketing.
- Work across markets to ensure alignment with Global Social Media strategy and drive regionally specific iterations for key campaign moments.
- Define clear objectives and KPI’s for Lantin America Regional social media that ladder up to Global Social Media objectives and KPI’s. Report on progress, share best practices and learnings.
- Drive alignment with regional IMM and local teams to ensure that there is a clear and cohesive strategy across all consumer touchpoints.
- Centrally manage social media budget and distribute to local teams to ensure that initiatives are correctly resourced and funded.
- Establish the Xbox brand within lifestyle communities measuring success by usage and engagement with relevant metrics, with a heavy focus on growth in categories as directed by Global.
- Partner effectively with internal Xbox teams across multiple lines of business to build trust and land deliverables.
- Partner with Xbox teams across the region to deliver relevant, timely and localized content optimized for local audiences.
- Partner with media agencies and global ad buying team to deliver against goals and KPIs.
- Evaluate data, report results, and deliver insights back to the business in a way that benefits the Xbox Social Media team and the wider teams we engage with.
- Drive innovation and a test-and-learn approach to ensure Xbox Social is at the forefront of digital and social marketing.
- Budget management across both organic and paid social.
- 5+ years of digital marketing expertise
- 2+ years of social media experience, driving platform and content strategy, campaigns and audience structure
- Proven experience managing indirect teams and / or agencies to drive and grant a successful execution
- Technical, in-depth knowledge of all major social media platforms Knowledge of social media ad buying lifestyle, subscription, or technology brands or experience in gaming is a big plus
- Experience working across multiple markets with an understanding of the textured nature of global marketing and a proven ability to operate successfully in a highly matrixed organization across multiple groups and business owners.
- Understanding of broader digital marketing channels, namely web, relationship marketing and paid media, and the ability to align social strategies into omnichannel campaigns that create personalized experiences for our gaming audiences.
- Ability to quickly shift between tactical and strategic skills, whether it be driving data-based planning and activation or creating strategies for engaging new content and delivery, and often work under deadline pressure, managing multiple projects across multiple lines of business autonomously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills, including presenting to executive management teams and influencing partner teams, with high levels of energy, creativity, and enthusiasm with a strong sense of accountability.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away