Xbox is one of the world’s most valuable brands and enjoys millions of players and passionate fans. An important part of our plan is to grow our global player base and our multi-billion dollar a year Xbox console and accessories business. At Xbox, we believe Gamer Happiness is at the core to our mission of empowering every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
The Customer Experiences Team (CXT) is part of the Xbox Player Services organization and our mission is to keep players gaming by preventing issues, solving problems and reducing friction. The CXT organization oversees Engineering as well as several programs and operations aimed at enhancing the customer experience across Gaming. We build backend services, apps, web experiences, AI and ML systems, and data solutions that help us identify, prevent, and solve issues that impact the Player experience. We strive to deliver a personalized, predictive, and proactive support experience to our Players across all gaming endpoints.
We are looking for an extraordinary Principal Software Engineering Manager with strong knowledge and experience in full stack end-to-end software development and lifecycle.
The ideal candidate should have a proven record of effectively leading a high-performing, full-stack engineering organization that builds high-quality, customer-facing applications and services. We are looking for an empathetic leader who can drive change, nurture people, develop talent, and drive a positive culture based on the principles of diversity and inclusion, as well as our company values of respect, integrity, and accountability.
- Lead and manage an engineering organization consisting of multiple high-performing, diverse and customer-obsessed engineering teams.
- Demonstrate great communication and interpersonal skills, including working across geographical distances.
- Coach and guide Software Engineer Leads, ensuring delivery of high-quality customer-facing experiences, meeting partner commitments and championing engineering fundamentals
- Model integrity and accountability across the team.
- Give thoughtful feedback and mentor team members, building an inclusive culture where everyone can grow, do their best work and be their authentic selves.
- Work hands-on with your team and our customers through design and implementation, ensuring great architectural decisions, full-stack engineering best practices and high-quality customer-facing products.
- Work with other team managers, such as Product Management, Content Operations, Readiness Operations and Design to continuously improve our processes and feature delivery pipeline, as well as plan and prioritize projects for your team and our organization.
- Develop deep relationships and exhibit technical leadership across teams within Gaming and Microsoft.
- 10+ years of professional software design and development experience with shipping distributed and large-scale consumer facing products and services.
- 5+ years of experience in managing and leading a team of software engineers
- 2+ years of experience as Manager of Managers
- Strong problem-solving skills, prior experience with developing large high-volume services, with service-oriented development and cloud-based systems
- Experience with C#, Azure and React / UX development
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with multiple partner teams and external vendors to deliver impact
- Passion and drive for profound impact
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away