Lead Data & Applied Scientist - Age of Empires - Worlds Edge
At World’s Edge Studio, we’re building the future of the Age of Empires franchise. Our capacity to generate and leverage player insights is a foundational component of that future. To help us build that foundation, we’re seeking a Lead Data & Applied Scientist to join the team.
Successful candidates have demonstrable experience in working with game teams to provide end-to-end analytics support—from specifying design and business telemetry, validating data quality, to delivering analyses that positively impact players.
In this role, you have the knowledge and previous application of a variety of analyses including those related to business intelligence, inferential, and applied statistics. Ideally, you also have experience using advanced analytics techniques such as predictive modelling and neural network modelling.
You will be able to share and communicate player insights effectively to people of varied technical and analytical backgrounds. You will be an active collaborator with their analytics peers—sharing expertise and leveraging the work of others to enhance impact.
- Lead the World’s Edge Studio data team.
- Own the end to end data process for World’s Edge studio products including working with production teams to determine requirements, driving telemetry implementation, interpreting and visualizing results, and thinking critically about how these results can shape decision making for better business outcomes.
- Ensure data is in compliance with Microsoft privacy policies.
- Keep up to date with new technologies with an opportunistic eye towards leveraging them for our business.
- Present findings and be a guiding voice within the studio.
- 5+ years working in the games industry.
- 3+ years working in the games consumer insights/analytics industry (including data science, analytics, business intelligence, games analytics)
- 5+ years working with statistical software (R or similar)
- Knowledge of and previous application of analyses that leverage a variety of inferential and applied statistics
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence key stakeholders
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate the results of analytics and research projects
- Demonstrated ability to drive insight-based changes that impact player and business outcomes.
- Knowledge of and previous application of advanced statistically analyses and modeling (e.g., predictive modelling, neural network modelling, classification, etc)
- MS/PhD in fields like computer science, mathematics, statistics, machine leaning, operations research, data mining, AI, psychology.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.