At Xbox Game Studios, Publishing, the team responsible for “Microsoft Flight Simulator”, “Ori and the Will of the Wisps”, and “Tell Me Why”, our vision is to empower our partner developers and our internal partners to deliver games that will delight our players for many years to come. We’re seeking a passionate, strategic, and collaborative person to help us realize this vision as a Community Director within our team.
As a Community Director within Publishing, you will partner closely with senior leaders within Publishing but also across the Xbox team, particularly with Marketing and Communications, to establish community-based initiatives and investments for our team and our games. You will also be responsible for developing goals and strategies, leading an effort to establish, or grow, a community and deliver results. This includes strategies for social, streaming, email, website, and in-game channels to inform our players, amplify marketing efforts, and drive positive engagement with our games, our Publishing team and our ongoing services. Additional responsibilities include supporting Player Feedback processes, driving regular reporting and metrics assessment, developing messaging, and ensuring consistency and quality are maintained with every beat, on every channel.
This unique position works closely with our game development partners, (for example, Interior/Night, the team making our most recently announced game, “As Dusk Falls”) to bring the community closer to game development and each other.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess leadership skills, value making games for a diverse audience, strive to embody inclusiveness within the work environment and also within the game community, be able to leverage data to support decision making, be a trusted collaborator, and have a passion for working with game teams.
- Establish visions for community-based initiatives in upcoming Publishing franchises and develop strategies to realize them
- Develop and execute communication and engagement strategies and tactics for social media, existing online communities like Twitch, Discord and Reddit, and owned channels
- Galvanize fans and ultimately drive them to in-game experiences
- Create and manage a living schedule for all beats and activations across all channels
- Work with stakeholders to develop impactful and effective copy and assets to support communications plans
- Ensure that everything that hits our channels in on-brand, on message, and meets our high quality bar
- Establish key performance indicators, collaborate to set goals for sentiment and engagement, and drive regular reporting and analyses
- Be accountable for meeting established sentiment and engagement goals
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to support business needs, targeted campaigns, and new opportunities for the franchise
- Be the voice of our players, offering perspective to help prioritize investments
- Support go-to-market plans by leveraging modern methods of community engagement
- Consult with web team on requirements, creation and maintenance of a game’s standalone website
- Help ensure our communities remain safe and fun places to play
- Experience in a Community Director or Social Media Marketing role
- Experience leading a team of individuals
- Proven ability to bring clarity and focus to teams by establishing goals and priorities
- Proven ability to clearly communicate plans of record and effectively manage change
- Capacity to facilitate stakeholder discussions, ensuring all voices are heard
- Knowledgeable of community platforms and technologies
- Practical knowledge of online gaming communities
- Capacity to set data-driven goals, understand analytics, and adapt strategies to new information
- Proven ability to interact with communities online in a genuine and trustworthy manner
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.