Metro Esports is a state-of-the-art gaming and tech facility located in Warminster, just outside of Philadelphia. Staffed with top coaches, talented players, and STEM educators, we bring gaming, competitive esports, coding/tech education, and social media production into one space. Our mission? To help you meet and exceed your goals—whether it’s to go pro, build a career, or just have a good time. And we’re looking for talented, high-energy team members who can collaborate in a professional-minded, high-paced environment.
Metro Esports is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants must show a strong understanding of what it means to treat everyone with respect and proper decency.
We are currently seeking a Community Manager to lead the community development of Metro’s current and upcoming esports, content, and facility programming. Responsibilities for this role will include but not be limited to:
- Scout, identify, and source local content creators, streamers, musicians, artists, and gamers for Metro related operations and specific content initiatives.
- Actively build and manage the Metro Discord.
- Work with external parties to create strong partnerships and creative content.
- Manage influencers and partner accounts for community engagement.
- Interact with the community daily through social media, forums, Discord, and email.
- Communicate with players/teams around facility updates, new programs and announcements.
- Monitor social media trends and work directly with the social media team to create and implement unique content.
- Establish a relationship with Metro community, understand their concerns and desires, and relay those to the appropriate persons.
- Drive social conversations and maintain a visible external presence on both brand and community channels including, but not limited to: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Discord, Reddit, Steam
- Integrate Philadelphia youth into Metro programming.
Our ideal candidate:
- Genuine love connecting people and a passion for gaming.
- Must have a broad understanding across the esports and live-streaming ecosystem with familiarity across platforms, games, and genres.
- A storyteller at heart.
- Knowledge of pop culture and evolving trends.
- Positive, energetic, kind, and eager.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with people who are constantly looking to innovate, enjoy challenges, and demand excellence. We're a small and efficient staff; every person plays an essential role in our organization.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
This candidate would begin in a part time role, leading into full time position this summer. Salary is dependent on experience. This position reports directly to the VP of Marketing and indirectly to the General Manager of Esports.