(Closed) Sales Director
Method’s Twitch streams accumulated over 3 billion viewer minutes in the past 6 months and our content presence is growing at an unprecedented rate through both our team of live streamers and the creation of unique Method events. The Sales Director role is expected to successfully monetize our vast content inventory and be responsible for providing our partners and clients with the best in class promotional solutions.
As Sales Director, you will join Method on the brink of our biggest expansion yet and will thrive in a small/medium sized business start-up culture. You will maintain current relationships and develop new client relationships for Method. The candidate will always be looking for ways to innovate and create value for Method and our stakeholders.
This position will be primarily remote but will involve travelling on occasion to events. The Sales Director will report directly to the Method owners.
- Manage and develop new and existing relationships with advertisers and agencies.
- Manage the sales of Method’s content inventory including team sponsorships, event sponsorships and short term promotions.
- Represent Method with a high level of integrity and knowledge and act as a resource for clients and agencies.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the business to identify and implement sales strategies and products.
- Represent Method at industry events.
- Work with the Method team to establish a culture of ‘above and beyond’ customer service delivery to clients with the goal to exceed our clients expectations.
- Prior experience in sales within esports, sports, or entertainment industry.
- 4+ years work experience in sales position.
- A deep understanding of live stream video content, it's value, and how to monetize it.
- An existing network of agencies and advertisers.
- Ability to travel and represent Method at various industry events.
- A self-starter, highly dedicated individual, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters.
- Experience in leading and scaling a sales department.
- Passionate about video games and esports.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field.
- The opportunity to join Method on the brink of our biggest expansion and be part of the team that will create a long story of success.
- To work for one of the most watched esports teams in the western hemisphere in a rapidly growing industry. Method has experienced a growth rate of over 300% y-o-y, a trend we are projecting to continue.
- Competitive compensation plan and opportunities for growth.
- Paid for travel to esports and video game events around the globe.
- A full time position with flexible working hours.
Getting our start as a World of Warcraft guild, Method is now a global, world championship winning esports organization. Founded in 2005 by Scott ‘Sco’ McMillan and based in the UK, Method consists of 10 teams featuring over 75 world class players.
More than an esports organization, content creation is Method’s core foundation. Besides housing one of the largest live stream teams in esports, Method is the host of original events such as the Method Majors and the Race to World First: Uldir in September 2018 and the Race to World First: Dazar'alor in February 2019.
The Method brand can be encapsulated by the word “progress”, it is illustrated via the upwards trend in our logo. Our mission is to progress esports, our players, our fans and our partners through the offering of unique content, and experiences.