Tech Lead - Full-Stack
Metaview (www.metaview.gg) is a stealth, SF-based team building the next-gen, gaming-centric video content platform founded by former Twitch and Xbox leaders. Our founders have extensive experience with esports, content creators and influencer relations, video game development and publishing, and live-streamer technology and tools. Our team has worked on multiple large scale, content creator products at Twitch as well as premium gaming content and esports partnerships (e.g. Overwatch League, League Championship Series, Twitchcon). The company is funded and backed by a bold, strategic corporate and an exclusive group of executive angels from various current and former leadership ranks of AAA game publishers, talent agencies and multiple content / streaming video services.
Metaview is creating a new way to consume gaming-centric video content, spotlighting curated content from the games, creators and communities you love. We are aiming to leave a lasting mark in the gaming industry and are looking for exceptional, deeply passionate technologists, gamers, and content creator & esports fans to take on this journey with us.
If you like watching video game content (on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Insta etc), creating video game content and/or are deep in gaming communities (e.g. League, Fortnite, Valorant, Smash, FGC, etc), Metaview would love to connect. And if you aren’t in gaming and always dreamed of it, this could be your chance to begin your career!
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and equity, and are a deeply collegial team.
About the Position
As a Tech Lead - Full-Stack, you will lead the development & optimization of Metaview's web applications (web-based creator tools, external website and internal content management system) and contribute to the backend API that powers our mobile application. Alongside the full-stack eng team, mobile eng team, product designer, and head of product, you will be a member of a skilled, nimble squad that is building towards public launch this fall. As the team & product scope grows, you will help to define team culture and improve engineering processes / tools to increase team effectiveness. If you enjoy fast-paced development / continuous iteration, prefer problem solving in small teams, and love gaming / gaming content, Metaview is the place to be.
- Lead the development of Metaview's web properties, including creator content tools, external website, and our internal content management system (React, Node, Express, FIrebase, MongoDB)
- Own and contribute to the software architecture of our web applications including backend and API services
- Act as a key stakeholder in product planning, roadmap review, and resource allocation
- Provide mentorship to the engineering team and help to build team culture, processes, and tools
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver a first-class viewing experience
- 4+ years of software development experience across both backend and frontend technologies
- Familiarity with Node.js and associated web frameworks
- Experience launching web applications or features, preferably work shipped to thousands of users
- Ability to communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Self-starter mentality - must be able to effectively work independently and autonomously
- High degree of accountability and sense of ownership
- Experience with frontend web frameworks, preferably React
- Experience with Firebase & document-oriented databases
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk)
- Familiarity with Mobile Development and system design to ensure performance
- Familiarity with streaming technologies, video compression, or mobile video playback
- Equity (0.4% - 0.1%)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Your choice of hardware & software to get the job done
- Company-hosted travel to gaming / esports events