Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
Metaview is an LA based team building the next-gen, gaming-centric video content platform founded by former Twitch and Xbox leaders. Our founders have extensive experience with esports, content creators and influencer relations, video game development and publishing, and live-streamer technology and tools. Our team has worked on virtually every large scale, content creator product at Twitch as well as major premium gaming content events and esports league (e.g. Overwatch League, League Championship Series, Twitchcon). The company is funded and backed by an exclusive group of strategics which include former leadership ranks of multiple content / streaming video services, AAA game publishers, and influencer / esports groups.
Our vision is to connect creators, fans and communities together through gaming’s best moments. For viewers and fans, we promise to deliver curated, quality content every day — waste no time playing search roulette on social and video platforms. For creators, we’re building a platform to spotlight their moments and to connect them more deeply with their fans.
Metaview is a platform that showcases fresh, curated clips from prominent creators — a home where fans can stay on top of the latest meta, and never miss out on a shared moment again. Our team of community and content experts bring you the best of gaming daily through Metaview Playlists for League of Legends, VALORANT, Fortnite, Call of Duty, the Fighting Game Community (FGC), Smash Bros and big releases such as Among Us and more. This is only the beginning, so stay tuned this year for what’s to come!
About the Position
Metaview is seeking a Part-Time Social Media Manager who’s creative, detail-oriented, highly organized and deeply experienced with social media platforms, gaming content and managing communities. This individual will be responsible for building a robust social media presence for Metaview via its content, content partnerships and brand strategy. You will be our expert in content curation, community management and communications, S-rank copywriting and interacting, and overall management of all our social media channels.
If you follow gaming content on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and/or Reddit, have an eye for writing copy and generating the best memes-- then we’d love to meet you! As key support to our Content Team, you’ll be instrumental in helping build a new platform that will share with the world a volume of entertaining gaming moments.
San Francisco or Los Angeles preferred; remote is OK depending on fit and experience.
- Help design and implement overall social media strategy and roadmap with Content and Management team to align with overall content strategy and company goals
- Manage day-to-day official Metaview social media channels; also includes creating content calendar / schedule and oversee posting across all Metaview social channels
- Curate and spotlight Metaview, partner and community-created content on multiple channels; curation done in collaboration with Content / Video team
- Help produce and source creative, engaging and timely content including text (social copy, blogs etc), art assets (screens, banner images, etc), video (sourcing) and more
- Build Metaview brand voice across Metaview social media channels and communities
- Manage content and conversations on social media channels
- Track and report on social analytics, including followers, plays / views, engagement etc.
- Key contributor to managing master content calendars and publishing across platforms
Qualifications & Requirements
- 1-2+ years of social media experience with a company, brand , creator or fan account
- High proficiency / active user across the following platforms: Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Twitch, YouTube, Reddit, Discord and Facebook
- Experience with social media / content management system tools and data / KPI reporting
- Deep understanding of gaming, esports and/or content creator trends, culture, moments, events, and personalities (e.g. League of Legends, Fortnite, FGC, VALORANT, Smash, etc)
- Highly organized, diligent and professional when it comes to project schedules and daily deadlines
- High degree of accountability, adaptability and multi-tasking working in a startup environment
- Disclaimer: Weekends, evening work and/or travel (for gaming events and content) will be required from time-to-time, but we’re an experienced bunch when it comes to travel and events, and we balance workload appropriately depending on the week’s happenings!
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere and Photoshop primarily)
- Bonus Points: Creating social advertising via Facebook/Instagram/Google Ads, Stellar Meme Game
Required Application Materials
- Link to social accounts and/or communities managed
- Cover Letter which should include:
(i) What strengths do you bring for this role and why do you want it?
(ii) What social media account and/or community were you most proud of building / managing? Why do you think it was successful?
(iii) What is your favorite content to watch and on what platforms video / social are you watching?