(Closed) Product Designer
Metaview is a stealth, SF based team building the next-gen, gaming-centric video content platform founded by former Twitch and Xbox leaders. Our founders have extensive experience with esports, content creators and influencer relations, video game development and publishing, and live-streamer technology and tools. Our team has worked on virtually every large scale, content creator product at Twitch as well as major premium gaming content events and esports league (e.g. Overwatch League, League Championship Series).
The company is funded and backed by a multi-billion dollar strategic investor and an exclusive group of executive angels from various current and former leadership ranks of AAA game publishers, talent agencies and multiple content / streaming video services.
Metaview is creating a new way to consume gaming-centric video content, a place for game communities to rally every day, a service made for gamers by gamers. We are taking on a moonshot opportunity, and are looking for exceptional, deeply passionate technologists, gamers, and content creator & esports fans to take on this journey with us.
If you like watching video game content (Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Insta etc), creating video game content and/or are deep in gaming communities (e.g. League, Fortnite, WoW, FGC, etc), Metaview would love to connect. And if you aren’t in gaming and always dreamed of it, this could be your chance to begin your career!
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and equity, and are a deeply collegial team.
About the Position
As the team’s first Product Designer, you will take ownership of overall design & user experience for Metaview’s mobile application. Our ideal designer exhibits a strong passion for building mobile experiences, with a well-rounded set of design skills from wireframes to full fidelity design comps and prototypes. Alongside the head of product and engineering team, you will lead cross-platform design projects from start to finish and will iterate based on user feedback. As the team & product scope grows, you will help to define Metaview’s design principles and will create a space for others to collaborate. If you thrive in fast-paced environments, prefer problem solving in small teams, enjoy continuous iteration, and love gaming / gaming content, Metaview is the place to be.
- Lead the product design process for the Metaview mobile application - from exploration to interaction wireframes to polished UI designs to detailed UX specs
- Participate in the planning and ideation process for new features and projects
- Create customer-centric designs by using data, market analysis, partner feedback, and a deep understanding of our community
- Collaborate with the mobile engineering team to implement solutions based on your design
- Help to define design principles and collaboration guidelines as the Metaview team grows
- 3+ years experience as a product designer, UX designer, or interaction designer
- 2+ years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers on design implementation
- Experience designing mobile applications or features, preferably work shipped to a large number of consumer users
- Strong portfolio showcasing your past work and process
- Familiarity with Figma
- Knowledge of the iOS design / development ecosystem
- Demonstrated history of personally acquiring user data (e.g. conducting usability studies, performing user research)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Your choice of hardware & software to get the job done
- Company-hosted travel to gaming / esports events