(Closed) Post-Production Director (Digital Content)
Metaview is a stealth, SF based team building the next-gen, gaming-centric video content platform founded by former Twitch and Xbox leaders. Our founders have extensive experience with esports, content creators and influencer relations, video game development and publishing, and live-streamer technology and tools. Our team has worked on virtually every large scale, content creator product at Twitch as well as major premium gaming content events and esports league (e.g. Overwatch League, League Championship Series). The company is funded and backed by a multi-billion dollar strategic investor and an exclusive group of executive angels from various current and former leadership ranks of AAA game publishers, talent agencies and multiple content / streaming video services.
Metaview is creating a new way to consume gaming-centric video content, a place for game communities to rally every day, a service made for gamers by gamers. We are taking on a moonshot opportunity, and are looking for exceptional, deeply passionate technologists, gamers, and content creator & esports fans to take on this journey with us.
If you like watching video game content (Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Insta etc), creating video game content and/or are deep in gaming communities (e.g. League, Fortnite, WoW, FGC, etc), Metaview would love to connect. And if you aren’t in gaming and always dreamed of it, this could be your chance to begin your career!
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and equity, and are a deeply collegial team.
About the Position
Metaview is seeking a Post Production Director (Digital Content) who’s passionate about the video game industry and video content (games, content creators and esports). This person is able to build and manage a video content system that publishes high quality, entertaining, short-form gaming moments on a daily basis. We are looking for an experienced, diligent and strong operations minded leader that has track record with both building and managing post-production workflows. This person will act as the central hub amongst internal and external content production team members and will oversee asset management and content delivery ensuring all content launches effectively on Metaview and its other channels. The right person for this role is a self-driven quarterback, thrives in a lean, building environment and can improve and evolve processes and goals based on past success and failure. This person will have a founding hand in developing and growing our company’s content production system and overall program.
- Build and maintain an efficient, systematic post-production workflow with associated tracking docs and oversee content production resourcing, asset management and content delivery
- Manage end-to-end content sourcing, review, editing and publishing pipeline for daily and weekly content schedules
- Act as central hub for video and content team, both internal and external, consisting of editors, content managers, social media and contractors / freelancers to ensure consistent delivery and publishing of content
- Lead and/or assist hiring and management of various video production staff on-site and remote
- Develop and manage feedback, iteration and optimization feedback cycle and sessions for video editors and content managers if / when needed
- Key stakeholder of content calendar planning
- Key stakeholder in defining content creative and quality direction with executive team, and ensuring all published content hits the company’s creative and quality standards / bar
- Maintain agenda and plan to lead content production meetings and team
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in digital content post production including direct / indirect management skills
- Experience in with Google Sheets / Excel (can perform complex functions) and/or other workflow software (e.g. AirTable, other Content Management Systems) for planning and scheduling; comfortable working with large datasets and dashboards
- Deep knowledge and experience with social content platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube
- Deep understanding of gaming, esports and/or content creator trends, culture, moments, events, and personalities (e.g. League of Legends, Fortnite, FGC)
- Highly organized, diligent and professional when it comes to project schedules and daily deadlines
- High degree of accountability, adaptability and multi-tasking working in a startup environment
- Disclaimer: Weekends and evening work (for gaming events and content) will be required from time-to-time, but we’re an experienced bunch when it comes to travel and events, and we balance workload appropriately depending on the week’s happenings!
- Bonus Points: 2-3+ years of professional video editing experience with digital content
- Bonus Points: Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop)
Required Application Materials
- Link to published work
- Cover Letter which should include:
- (i) What strengths do you bring for this role and why do you want it?
- (ii) What post-production system / pipeline were you most proud of managing and why? What made it successful?
- (iii) What is your favorite content to watch and on what platforms video / social are you watching?
Perks & Stuffs
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Required hardware and software to get the job done
- Company paid travel to gaming / esports events where necessary
- Gaming with the Metaview fam